Bad Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by Bart, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Bart
      Wtf

Bart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I am having this bad spike for more than a week now, it is very hard to mask my T now and i hear through everything, even when I am outside with a lot of background noise, I am finding it very hard to cope.

I tought the first 2 months where bad when my T was much lower and only in my left ear, now the pitch went up and I seem to have it in both ears, how can I ever hope to habituate to something like this ?

Do I have any hiope of it ging back down again? The doc gave my some corticosteroids but they are not really helping.

Life is so beautifull, why must this bullshit make it so miserable for me :mad:

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      Hang in there Bart! Most of us have been on that very exact same path. T goes up and down randomly as will your feelings and mood. But rest assured, it will get better. You can speed this up by not listening and measuring your T, but your reaction to it. There's a big difference between those two. Why not also start something new, maybe a new hobby etc, which will occupy your mind and help in the habituation process?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Bart
      Wtf

Bart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Small update : it is getting better again after a week of agony and panic , did not take any Xanax yesterday before going to sleep, slept a little bit lighter but i feel much better today, the T is back to it's baseline, maybe even lower.

Just had some positive news yesterday and good talk with a great ENT doctor, it IS all in the mind !

• Like Like x 1
    4. UserID
      Lucky

UserID Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/01/1972
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Artillery
      Exactly right, Bart. It is how we perceive the sound in our heads that makes our days good or bad. Oh, it may surely be annoying, but even on those days we can choose to give it little attention or opt for listening to mitigating recordings that hide what we hear normally. I've found that crickets mimic closest to what I hear in my head/ears and so I listen to recordings of them, mostly those made in a studio by Mike Petroff, rather than natural outdoor crickets. A pack of six or eight nature sounds made by Mike I purchased many years ago and, as I see it, they've been a real life saver, the best mitigation recordings I've come across after 42 years dealing with the symphony that plays in my head every day.
      David