Bad Week and Missing Important Moments Due to Hyperacusis

Discussion in 'Support' started by Taylorslay, May 23, 2018.

1. Taylorslay
      Happy

Taylorslay Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Years of excessively loud headphone use
      This past week has been horrible. I got hit by a car while riding home from work. The person just turned into me without even looking where he was turning. I saw his face. Then he asks me "Are you okay?" and then just runs off. My bike is totaled. I'm not hurt luckily, just a scrape on my arm.

That same day I get bothered by my significant others schizophrenic crack head ex (I wish I was exaggerating lol). She the kinda person who'd break into your house and strangle you. It just bothers me you know. It's like, "He's not yours anymore. He hasn't been for months. Grow the fuck up and leave me alone.".

Then the day after at work I get yelled at. Now I get yelled at all the time because of pissy ass customers. This guy was screaming at me about selling him cigarettes. He basically bought like 50 packs. Which includes 3 cartons (which includes 10 packs each). I'm not suppose to sell more than 4 cartons to one person each day. (People never buy more than 1 carton). However, I didn't know the limit was 4. So I called on my radio about the situation and I'm getting yelled by this customer for it. Now, like I said, I get yelled at all the time, but I felt like this man was going to hit me. I felt seriously threatened. It wasn't simply "Oh I'm mad". No I felt genuine threat from this man. I was about to call my manager and if he would have gone off on her r, she would have called the police most likely.

The next day my mom goes to the hospital. Due to it likely being a Hipaa violation to share her information. Therefore I will not disclose what is wrong with her health. But, lets just say she can possibly die within the next year or a few. Maybe she will live longer. There is no telling with her condition. However, since she has multiple other problems I'm scared for her. Shes the only one who has been there for me. My father was a dead beat abusive asshole. My Grandparents were there but they are dead, and have been for years. My mom is basically the only one I have left besides my brothers and my family that live across the country (that I don't really talk to).

Tomorrow, my brother graduates from High school. I want to go to his graduation. I can't because of H. Even with earplugs. I'd be there for hours. I'm able to go to the graduation dinner which is only likely going to be an hour. I can definitely do that but not the graduation. I feel like a disappointment. My brother doesn't mind but I feel like I've failed as a sister in a way.

This message isn't here to discourage others with H. I've just been having an awful week all together. I just needed a place to vent you know? I just wanna scream.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
      • Hug Hug x 12
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Taylorslay ,
      You need some relaxing time to unwind and if you get shouted at again just say "start again and don't shout "
      I'm sure your week will get better....
      Love glynis x

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      You are not going to discourage anyone at all, Taylorslay.:huganimation:This forum is the best place to come and vent, I have done this myself in the last couple of days.

You have had a terrible week and venting is the best way to release your frustrations. You have not failed your brother, go to the dinner and try to enjoy yourself. He will be so happy to have you there on his special day.

I hope your Mom's condition will improve. Take it one day at a time, she needs you to remain calm. You got his.

❤️emma

• Winner Winner x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. dingaling
      Asleep

dingaling Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, probably loud music
      @Taylorslay

You don't deserve, or have to put up with cr*p from customers. Refuse to serve them unless they can be civil - or walk away.

Sorry you've had a bad week and hope you can get to your brother's graduation. I'm sure he would really want you to be there

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Taylorslay
      Happy

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Come to find out the graduation wasn't near as long. But I was told there were air horns and noise makers everywhere. Why would anyone bring that to a graduation? Wtf?

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    6. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      My son's is on 18th July .
      Love glynis x

• Winner Winner x 1
    7. Manny
      In pain

Manny Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      central gain << NIHL
      @Taylorslay I know I'm a bit late to this party but I just saw this post. I just want to say thank you for sharing, and for sharing details as well. I for one appreciate when others here share their difficulties with tinnitus, hyperacusis and related issues, as it shows me that I'm not the only one who has to deal with such monumental(!) difficulties. From what you wrote it seems that your difficulties are really immense right now. Things can get really bad, this I know!! Wishing you all the best, and may you be blessed with the strength to pull through this difficult time.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Hi @Taylorslay ,

I hope and pray your mom is well soon.

I know exactly how you feel about missing important moments. I missed my sisters 25 wedding Anniversary, my daughters first recital, my daughters Irish Step Dance Competitions, my moms 80th birthday and my husband's job dinner dances for 6 years. sigh... and many other moments like that. Yes, it hurts and I cry every single time I cant make it to an event. But as long as your family knows that you love them and care for them they will be ok and understand your situation. Find other ways to celebrate them and spend time with them... We are just so used to doing the norm or whatever everyone else is doing...but it doesn't have to be like that.... you can have your own graduation ceremony at home! Invite a few people and just have fun.

Do you have tinnitus too? or just h?

I hope you have a nice week. :)
      OnceUponaTime

• Hug Hug x 2
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Taylorslay
      Happy

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have both but my H is much more severe compared to my Tinnitus.

• Hug Hug x 2
    10. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It's been a couple weeks, but did you report the person that hit you? That's considered a hit and run accident and it's considered a misdemeanor if it involves property damage and a felony if it involves personal injury.

• Like Like x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Taylorslay
      Happy

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Alue sadly no. I didn't even know that was standard protocol in accidents at the time. The person did drive off. I ended up throwing away my broken bike and I never even got their license plate. I wish I did.

But tbh it'll probably happen again because where I live everyone drives so aggressively compared to other places in the country. And next time I'll make sure that something is done.

12. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Yeah definitely try to get the license plate if that happens again. They can do jail time for hit and runs like that, and at the very least they should owe you the money for a new bike if the accident was their fault. It's a good thing you weren't hurt.

• Agree Agree x 1