Balance Issue!

Discussion in 'Support' started by alifalijohn, Jun 24, 2014.

1. alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      I need help on how to deal with my balance issue, a few weeks before I got t , I started feeling dizzy, wobbley, my doc. has done every available test , mri on head , ears, neck, did not find anything wrong, Two weeks after a 14 hours plane ride I got t. I still have balance problems about 5 months now, this is driving me crazy, does anyone have this , and what can I do. Please help. Thanks

2. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Did he rule out meniores disease?

3. Ken219
      Frustrated

Ken219 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Summer of 1990
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure?
      I awoke 5 weeks ago with dizziness and my T spiked. The ENT is treated it as meniere's disease. Steroids and diuretics. The dizziness is slowly going away. I asked if the diagnoses is meniere's disease. I was told it could be just a virus that attcked my inner ear. Who knew? As for my T I guess I'm in a habituation process. Usually 6+ months. Torture.

4. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      I've had balance prob now for 3 yrs in July,also allergies,Get terrible headaches with this,I have now been told if you have tinnitus,balance it can be migraine related.Will be asking my dr about this.Had these allergies!for so long and antihistamines have never touched it.Wondering today would a migraine tablet help all 3 conditions.Ive been indoors watching Wimbledon as the pollen count is so high in UK.Couple of years ago my neighbour did mention migraines to me ,but I dismissed it ,maybe I should have taken more notice.

5. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
    6. Marlene
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Thanks for that Sound Wave,My husbands just got from chemist Migraleve tabs,Chemist said it could be Migrainous Virtigo common complaint with Tinnitus sufferers.Paracetamol nor antihistamine help,so will try these tabs husband just got,try anything at present time,Ali gets head pain,maybe look into migraine.my ears always feel full,uncomfortable to say the least,optitian said back in January,it was the tinnitus causing my head and eye pain,maybe more on this site having same problem,if so look into migraine,related to balance issue.im not a chocolate fan ,but I do eat cheese.So now look at food triggers.
      How's it going today with Ali and Ken?

7. Denny

Denny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013
      Try taking meclizine. It is used for vertigo in tinnitus.

8. Marlene
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi Denny,will ask dr about that,will pass that on to UK site ,as no ones mentioned that one,all adds to the arsenal to try,thanks good souls helping another out.x

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      Yes, can't find anything.

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      The Ent just did an Mri on my ears and said everything is fine.did not give anything medication to combat the dizziness..he gave me a sheet of paper with some exercise and told to do them..they have not help.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      I do not have migraine headache, I also have a neck problem ( old whiplash) and sometime in the morning my back of my head hurt for half the morning.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      My doc. is saying I may have caught a virus, but it is about 4 months with the dzzyness, it all started before my T.Thanks for the info. take care!

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      Still have my dizziness, more like a balance problem, a natural path recommended Vertoheel, it is helping somewhat. I can deal with my t , but the balance issue is driving me crazy..I got the dizziness before my t, my ent, just me some exercise to do but it is not helping . I do have old neck problems (whip lash ) and I get a bit of headache at the back of my head in the morning. my head feels wobbly and strange sometimes! thanks for the info. Take care!

15. Marlene
      English

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Hi Ali,my friend in Sussex who has tinnitus/ balance put me on to a good free booklet here in UK,it's called Brain and Spine Foundation,best info I've found on treatments.covers it all,so if they've got same foundation where you live I'd recommend getting it ,go check it out.or look up brainandspine.org.uk.
      Sorry your ENT,not more helpful,at least the audiologist I saw had tinnitus,so she knew what this sounded like,that was a blessing for me that day,I was given maskers,but alas made no difference,on all 3 settings. Some have now being given hearing aids,even if their hearing is okay,and they've had good results in regards to the tinnitus,say it lowers it down,less troublesome,after being so high for long period.Balance not sure an aid would help that,but who knows?

16. Denny

Denny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013
      Ménière's disease is usually associated with low frequency hearing loss.

17. Denny

Denny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013

Balance can be from fluid or pressure imbalances in the ears too.

18. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      The dizziness will go away soon u have to do those excersies.. in case ur vestibular function is damaged brain need to relearn how to balance the body again..
      Just rule out blood pressure issues and look for excersies online for vestibular disorders. Its the only way to go..
      Also I would suggest taking
      Piracetam and Vinpocetine
      I had similar issues complete brain fog for 2 plus months before the t srarted but piracetam did help a lot for me in clearing the brain fog.

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      Thank you so much! .will continue to do exercise, I will also look for exercise on google Thnks take care! Have wonderful day God Bless! Ps do not have any high blood pressure.. also is those med prescription...I am from Canada.not sure if they have those drugs ..Thanks you for listening!

• Like Like x 1
    20. Denny

Denny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013
      Meclizine in USA is called anti vert. There are lower doses available
      Over the counter. Another one is bonine.

21. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      you are welcome.. we all here to help each other out and share our experiences. You can try in supplements shop, Piracetam is called Nootropil it helps brain learn faster also kinda blood thinner, so is Vinpocetine both increase the brain ability to learn and increase cerebral blood flow. You can talk to your natural path, maybe he/she can help you with it.

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      Hello, thank you for the info. I did see a nero. also Ent. everything is fine in that area..the doc.oes not know what is causing it. All the bes,t take care!