Beeeeeeep ~ Hello, from a Newbie!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Omgyellow, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Omgyellow

Omgyellow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Band practice (?)
      Hello everybody!

I'm 24 years old, and if my Math is correct I have had Tinnitus for nearly half of my life. It started in 2006, and I suspect the cause was band practice without proper protection. I played bass in a rockband, but sticking those plugs in my ears was nasty in my opinion so I opted not to. Oh, how I regret that decision now. .

The first years were the most bearable ones. I was very young, barely a teenager, and I had an otherwise healthy body. As the years went on however, other health issues arose. Mystical ones at that, and all the professionals who examined me came to the same conclusion: "An interesting case, but I do not know what it is." Long story short, I have chronic pain and neurological symptoms in my left arm/shoulder. Other pains travel accross my body, that was diagnosed as fibromyalgia. B12 deficiency, cause unknown. Neck prolapse, C4-C6, thought to be the cause of my arm situation, but located in the wrong area. And of course, depression and anxiety - hard to be happy when your life is at a standstill when they're supposed to be the best days of your life. There are of course more health issues, but that's the basic gist of it.

I'm so happy I found this forum. Finally people who'll truly understand me. I wouldn't wish tinnitus on my worst enemy, so I'm truly sorry if you're reading this as a T-comrade. But there is comfort in knowing that we're not on our lonesome.
      I haven't heard Silence in over 10 years. I think that's one of the reasons I love to sleep, once I've finally managed to fall asleep.

Hope to be of help to anyone going through this sometimes hell-like condition.

With Love from the North.

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Welcome to the forum (and sorry you had to join). Gee, you have so many things going wrong with your young body! Not fair. I wonder about your central nervous system? I wouldn't wish tinnitus on my worst enemy either.
      I hope you can find support here.