Best Earmuffs with Integrated Speakers?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Baker, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Baker

Baker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown for 10 years, but later bad from loud fireworks.
      When I mow the yard, I wear -33 dB earmuffs, and then listen to music or YouTube via earbuds from my phone. Though the earbuds under the earmuffs get painful.

Can someone recommend earmuffs that have a high -dB rating and have good speakers and can do Bluetooth? I'd like one with at least a -33 dB rating, but it doesn't look like I can find any. I'd think since you'll be listening to music that they'd try and make them at least -33 dB.

And I'd like to get one that is a good quality brand.

Thanks.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Baker

Baker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown for 10 years, but later bad from loud fireworks.
      I've looked around, but it seems those Bluetooth earmuffs are hit and miss. And they only have a 24 or 26 dB NRR rating. So I think what I'd do is just go with regular earmuffs and then get some small earbuds that just have a tiny wire that runs the back of your neck that are wireless. Or maybe at some point get some small cordless (true wireless) earbuds that won't interfere with the earmuffs, though I'd have to do a payment plan. Looks like Beats may fit and have noise cancelling.

I'm looking at going with the 3M Peltor X5A earmuffs to replace my Champions. As my Champions have cheap plastic insulators that have dented from me using Apple AirPods. So I figured I'd go ahead and get some new earmuffs that are probably better quality and have a higher NRR rating.