Best Invisible Earplugs?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Boxdra, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Boxdra

Boxdra Member

Hello everyone,

I would like to buy good earplugs as fast as possible. I think everyone here wants to lead the most 'normal' life as possible.

So the more invisible the earplugs are, the better. Does anyone know where you can buy good earplugs that are almost invisible for other people to see?

Has anyone tried Earasers:

http://www.amazon.com/Earasers-HEM001-Musicians-Plugs-Medium/dp/B00E2D9HAA/

They are REALLY invisible apparently. Invisible earplugs would make it so much easier. No social stigma.

For real parties or the movies I would buy different ones of course.

2. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      If you're cashed up, just go get a some custom fit musicians ear plugs. They're clear silicon unless you specify otherwise and you can use multiple filters - meaning you can adjust the attenuation to your needs, usually it's -10, -15 and -25 dB depending on brand. They're pricey but they are by far the most comfortable and best sounding.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Jiri
      No Mood

Jiri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise + injury
    4. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
    5. Jiri
      No Mood

Jiri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise + injury
      Sure beans. We're all in this together.

I think getting the black ones already is much easier then getting the skin-toned colour ones and painting them. Besides, I already tried these and yes, they work. You also don't look like an idiot in the streets wearing them.

These could be them: https://www.amazon.com/Ear-Plugs-Black-Earplugs-Musicians/dp/B06Y9886NR

• Like Like x 1
    6. VRZ78

VRZ78 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral Infection
      I used to do the technique above to hide my earplugs but once they got stuck and I had to go to the ENT to get them removed...

Now I use the Earasers with the highest filter:
      https://www.earasers.net/collections/musician-s-hifi-earplugs/products/earasers

They are almost totally invisible indoors. I asked a friend if he could see them and he told me only when looking directly into the ear canal from a close distance. I've never had people seeing them.

Outdoors in the sun they are visible though.

They also don't muffle the sound compared to foam plugs. They are great for loud bars and house parties.

7. Willysolman
      Aggressive

Willysolman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown maybe shout in ear
      When I'm in school there are a lot of shouting kids, kids that are slamming things, and making loud noises.

Can you guys suggest me the best invisible earplugs for this?

Thanks, Willy

8. Happy_
      No Mood

Happy_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I haven't found any "invisible" ear plugs, but bought these transparent ones and they are perfect for me. I have them on me all the time in a very small container. The further you put them in the more it protects you, but then you can't hear anything, so I don't push them that far in, and I can still hear everything normally but without the annoying external noises. I also tried using them at the movies, and they work perfectly.

alpine-partyplug-music-and-concert-ear-plugs-nrr-11-85.jpg

• Creative Creative x 1
    9. Willysolman
      Aggressive

Willysolman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Is there a picture of the Earasers when they are in the ears?

10. Willysolman
      Aggressive

Willysolman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For what do you use them?

11. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      Clear silicone ones are quite transparent and work well to be less conspicuous. Realize that there is no truly, completely invisible ear plug on the market.

12. Happy_
      No Mood

Happy_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      For when I go to a loud place, like the cinema, bar or even the gym. I don’t wear them all the time.