Nick J.

Author
Oct 1, 2014
Denmark/Malta
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
Acoustic trauma
skoupidis said:
Nick J. have you also find your hearing improved due to Soft Laser? Why isn't it suggested as treatment all around the world? Here in Greece it is hard to even find a doctor who does this...
Yes i have!
I went to ibiza 1,5 month ago and got a high dose from wilden to kickstart the regeneration/healing and it paid off.
We have a thread in here where we talk about this and post audiograms to show the improvements in hearing.
Im useing wildens laser ATM, but its a slow progess.

I think the healing nature of lasers are beeing suppresed, just like the cures for cancers, diabetes ect.
There have been found cures for cancer many years ago.
Cannabis oil and baking soda beeing some of them!
Just search youtube.
But there is no money for big drugcompanys in this, since the cannot hold a patent on something every one can make them selfs!
So the pay people to debunk this and pay doctors to recommend all the harmfull drugs the make instead and from which the make billions of dollars every year.

Pretty simple actually

I am only two and a half month away from my acoustic trauma. I have tried steroids, stugeron, vitamins, currently HBOC therapy, no obvious results yet. Unfortunately there seem to be no way for me to join am101 trials, so apart from acupuncture and retigabine, soft laser is a possible therapy for me. I still get scam info about it though and hesitate.. It seems to be quite expensive, and the fact that it acts so slowly makes you wonder if it acts at all. In so many months, habituation kicks in, perhaps even self healing, right?

I am only two and a half month away from my acoustic trauma. I have tried steroids, stugeron, vitamins, currently HBOC therapy, no obvious results yet. Unfortunately there seem to be no way for me to join am101 trials, so apart from acupuncture and retigabine, soft laser is a possible therapy for me. I still get scam info about it though and hesitate.. It seems to be quite expensive, and the fact that it acts so slowly makes you wonder if it acts at all. In so many months, habituation kicks in, perhaps even self healing, right?

Self healing is possible, I had it the low frequencies. I gain 20 db in the 8 kHz. The problem is on high frequencies, with LLLT if you problem is on low frequencies, you can "solve it" in about 6 months. The big problem is at the high.

LLT is not full garantee of cure, but for sure you will get some better times than the ones you passing now.

All the best.
Sheers

Oh please o_O , this talk is not helping the community.
You are 100% correct!
Cuz we already know that going to your local ENT is gonna solved all problems.
Thinking outsite the box or looking into nature medicin have never done any good.
Lets keep listening to what the doctores paid by big pharma is telling us and lets wait for some healthy syntetic drug with only a few very bad sideeffects, compared to normal drugs!

Yup... I obv. Opologize!

Thanks for opening my eyes!

You are 100% correct!
Cuz we already know that going to your local ENT is gonna solved all problems.
Thinking outsite the box or looking into nature medicin have never done any good.
Lets keep listening to what the doctores paid by big pharma is telling us and lets wait for some healthy syntetic drug with only a few very bad sideeffects, compared to normal drugs!

Yes, that's what i'm saying... let's astrange ourselves from real science and medicine.
Doctor's and pharma people have never had relatives with cancer and none of them would want to help others.

Yes, that's what i'm saying... let's astrange ourselves from real science and medicine.
Doctor's and pharma people have never had relatives with cancer and none of them would want to help others.
Exactly!!
We need REAL medicin (syntetic since humans are syntetic beeings) from big companies that obv. dont care about stockprices and more money every year!
And if its a company that is not following this line, then ofcourse one scientist or a doctor within that company is gonna change all that, cuz OFCOURSE the company cares about his sick sister and the DONT care about keep earning billions of $$ every year from chemicals (medicin) but wants to find a cheap "one shot cure" for cancer, so the can close the company and go home and put flowers in there hair and sing peace love and harmony.

Real science?? LOL
Who do u think pays for most science reports?
Most studies shows exactly what the people behind the science wants it to show!

But pleace!! Dont wake up.
Cuz u might go into a koma if u get a too big a dose of real world to fast!
Some times i wish i was still this naive about things.

Yes i have!
I went to ibiza 1,5 month ago and got a high dose from wilden to kickstart the regeneration/healing and it paid off.
We have a thread in here where we talk about this and post audiograms to show the improvements in hearing.
Im useing wildens laser ATM, but its a slow progess.

I think the healing nature of lasers are beeing suppresed, just like the cures for cancers, diabetes ect.
There have been found cures for cancer many years ago.
Cannabis oil and baking soda beeing some of them!
Just search youtube.
But there is no money for big drugcompanys in this, since the cannot hold a patent on something every one can make them selfs!
So the pay people to debunk this and pay doctors to recommend all the harmfull drugs the make instead and from which the make billions of dollars every year.

Pretty simple actually

Well, they only wanna make money...So if tinnitus has like 30 million people suffering in the UK, they'd be working on a cure super fast!

Well, they only wanna make money...So if tinnitus has like 30 million people suffering in the UK, they'd be working on a cure super fast!
I dont think u get it!
There is no money in cures!
What the might do, is to make a drug that removes the symptoms, but comes back as soon as u stop taking the drug!
That is best case senario imo.

I dont think u get it!
What the might do, is to make a drug that removes the symptoms, but comes back as soon as u stop taking the drug!

I agree...I believe it'll be a treatment for life, but better than nothing for us.

I dont think u get it!
Ah, blast it.
1. I agree with you Nick J. "There is no money in cures!" This has been something I've been saying for probably over two decades now.
2. It goes beyond this, though. I believe I am seeing an increase in longevity in the U.S. Real or imagined due to so many variables, I have no idea. There is a woman who has had lung cancer for years. The cynic in me says, "It keeps her alive longer, so medical/pharms. make more money." Cynic doesn't mean I'm wrong. I watched my father-in-law (who was ignorant and not aware of real quality of life versus being zonked (that's a euphemism on purpose) by the medical community). He's about 1000 miles from where we live and my partner and I couldn't control his life or the woman (also ignorant and scared) to whom he was married. The guy, in our opinion, was totally being taken advantage of by the "system." They kept him in the hospital and treated a guy who we knew should not have been happening. FINALLY, many blasted months later, they released him to be on hospice. ONE day later, he died. All of this is factual. No one can tell me the medical community followed any hippocratic oath or they would've released him to hospice earlier. Or they were ignorant and/or stupid but unlikely. It was abominable.
3. Let me go back to someone who wasn't ignorant and who was very smart and intelligent. He had a late-stage potentially ghastly cancer. He sent an email @1999 or 2000 saying he didn't know what was going to kill him, the cancer or the treatment. That was in his announcement to "us." He also knew having hospice didn't force him to die within six months. He used it to his advantage and outlived it because, I believe, he used unconventional treatment (his oncologist was aware) and, therefore, used less pharmaceutical-driven garbage. Eventually, time and his pressing desire to live lead him down a nasty path and he went to a cancer center (arguably more fluff than real due to promises they made because I got the actual records from them after he got out and I saw what remained of the fellow. But the guy was desperate and the cancer institute gave him what he needed). Would he have lived longer without going? I don't know - he did it in later years closer to his death. He might have had what I'd call a better quality of life without going but his quality was to do whatever was necessary in an attempt to extend his life. It was only in the last week that he was Y/N wanted to keep living. He fought like hell.

But pharms and the AMA is big business here with super-huge lobbyists. It's incredible that tobacco (at least in the US) was killed by Washington - that's good - and I see the damage in its wake. But the pharm. sales went through the blasted roof early in 1990s. People see the commercials and go to their doctor to get the drug pushed (advertising works). Sales shot up. Many Americans became drugged (and dumbed-down). I saw recently (and believe it) that the least effective allergy drug that happens to be advertised heavily has sales that are soaring.

We're on an open thread. I'll reign my comments in while maintaining my own beliefs. Many people are desperate here and I don't blame them. Tinnitus can make people literally: a) crazy b) commit suicide c) not sleep and it's a vicious cycle. They want "hope" anywhere they can find it. Hope may be in a drug. Hope may be in a lifestyle change. It can be anywhere in any form. That's why I keep pseudo-drafting Danny Boy to try the drug or new treatment and report to us how it goes :) . He's tenacious (or certainly comes off that way here). He believes something is better than nothing. Here, he really comes off as a tough character. I will not knock his drive or ambition to succeed. Who knows, he may find it - minimally something that helps with tinnitus (likely not in my lifetime). It's not within my belief system but what is in my belief is the power (w/in limits) of mind over matter and he has it.

An unrelated event ... where my belief was similar: I pushed for and was a bit of an activist to get companies to offer domestic partnership benefits. I did it for years and experienced forms of attacks (not physical - I was lucky). I fought stupidity and ignorance and eventually was "out" not flaunting. I didn't believe in gay marriage (for a variety of reasons) but was pro-whatever (it's called marriage now :) ). I didn't, for the life of me, see this would be permitted in my lifetime. I saw the strength of those lobbying against it. I saw it used as an idiotic wedge issue in political campaign after campaign. I saw the strength (less so) of those for gay marriage. I still pushed to get my partner covered in companies not offering it but marriage - no way. And, I was wrong. Even in this odd and mostly conservative state we have the ability to marry. Yeah, it's a bit different from extending a life on drugs and my belief in "marriage" was just as strong.

To Danny Boy, I respect his push and have to let him be and ignore what you and I see are odds against him. But let him push because that alone may help him in his own struggles - mind over matter. I believe it worked w/other things for the smart guy I knew (he lived about 9+ years beyond the time predicted for his life to end). I'm curious to see where DB goes as a fighter.

it's complete bullcrap (sorry!!) by conspiracy theorists that there wont be cures.

big pharma do NOT control scientists. scientists have integrity.

OR ARE YOU SUGGESTING THAT WHEN A SCIENTIST FINDS A CURE, BIG PHARMA PAYS THEM OFF NOT TO RELEASE IT?

you gotta be kidding. take the tin foil hat off!

it's complete bullcrap (sorry!!) by conspiracy theorists that there wont be cures.

OR ARE YOU SUGGESTING THAT WHEN A SCIENTIST FINDS A CURE, BIG PHARMA PAYS THEM OFF NOT TO RELEASE IT?

Well, you nor I know the truth. Let's just see what happens.

I've seen changes over the years by pharms - some for the good, some are status quo (unchanged). The pharmaceuticals are responsible for submitting research results to the FDA for approval. The problem is
not with scientists but with how the results are submitted. If a company wants to push their product out
the door quickly, negative results may not be part of the report (or some negative results may not be part of the
report). I hate to keep mentioning cochlear implants but it's recent and I saw deception all over the internet. They wanted to sell their product and keep the more negative facts out of view.

The obvious push and change in the marketing of pharms occurred in the early '90s (fact). I still remember
the cover of a mag I was reading waiting to see a dentist. We had turned into a drug society and it was a business.

Conspiracy connotes something happening without facts to back it up. This is not a conspiracy. It is big business. In the U.S., it is the way things work.

My response to whoever on this thread mentions the power of believing in something helps. I believe that and
I can't prove it's a fact. It is from life experience. Some people here have that power of positive thinking and I believe, in time, will find something that will help them. But it may not help others. That's where the power thinkers like Danny Boy and erik (submitting a letter to Obama) is a start.

I know research is often not done if a company cannot get their money back. So, low populated diseases (and T isn't even one of them) are often overlooked. It's about the lack of return on investment (ROI).

My path to getting past (if I can do it) T, is to try different things I've learned. I know our food here is filled with garbage (pesticides, GMO). If ototoxic drugs can cause T, maybe removing round-up and who knows what from my diet will help dampen tinnitus. My preference is not to use pharmaceuticals. Many are harmful, some are useful. If I'm afraid of pesticides in food, it makes sense for me to stay away from potentially harmful ingredients in drugs. It's what I've chosen because I have been so badly burned by pharms.

Honestly, I'd like to disagree with you but I can't. All I can add is the pattern. A drug is created for say heart-attacks. The reality is on the open market it doesn't help heart attacks. But it has a calming effect. So, it's turned into an anti-anxiety or anti-depression drug and remarketed.

I don't know that doctors believe they're prescribing something harmful. They may not know and the real facts may not actually be out there. My decent doctor prescribed something for me well over a year+ ago. My partner came home and asked me if I read about the drug (uh, nope, I hadn't). I did and tossed it in the garbage without taking it.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now