Bizarre Way I Got Tinnitus and Found Tuning Forks Help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lolita, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Lolita

Lolita Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Low Energy Neurofeedback System (LENS) done incorrectly
      I have always been into alternative health and most of the time there are no side effects. Unfortunately, I tried LENS (Low Energy Neurofeedback System) by OchsLabs that was administered by a woman who did it wrong and I have had tinnitus ever since. (She hurt several people and fled Colorado and now lives in California. Her name is Marcie Grambeau.) Anyway, I tried other LENS practitioners to try to undo what she did, to no avail. I have no hearing loss or headaches, vertigo or other issues, just ringing 24/7. It originally was only in my right ear but now I also have a softer version in the left. I've tried several other methods suggested by people on T forums, but nothing worked.

Then I tried tuning forks. I went to a guy who had a set of Solfeggio tuning forks. He hit the tuning fork and held it up to my ear. The first time we were outside under a tree on a nice day and the T went away for about 30 minutes. This was early on when I first got T. What I wouldn't give to have that 30 minutes back! Anyway, it did come back and I saw him again. This time it was inside and he used all 7 tuning forks together by my right ear and the T went away for a split second. He did it two more times and each time it went away for a brief moment.

Long story short, I still have T but bought myself a set of Solfeggio tuning forks (no, I do not sell them) and use them. I use mainly the 174 Hz fork and it gets rid of the T in my left ear for long periods of time and turns down the volume of the T in my right ear. You do not have to buy the whole set. Maybe just listen to different tones on your computer and decide which tone helps you the most. I do know that the actual tuning fork gives you the tone and vibration and this helps more than just listening to the tone on a computer. Hope this helps.

I still would like to get rid of T once and for all but this has helped me from going completely insane. Best of luck to you.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      This may be due to 'residual inhibition' phenomenon. Try google search it. Glad to hear it benefits you. It is known that when the T frequency is matched by an eternal sound, T can be suppressed for a brief period of time.

• Like Like x 1
    3. The Red Viper
      Curious

The Red Viper Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March 15, 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Current Theory: Neck injury (Tendonitis @ trap/SCM junction)
      Lesson from this, please stay away from alternative stuff. If it's truly beneficial or efficacious, it would be considered conventional medicine. For example, there are no "alternative" birth control treatments. It's always ephemeral kind of stuff.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lolita

Lolita Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Billie, thank you. I have never heard of that but will definitely check it out.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lolita

Lolita Member

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Red Viper, yes, I have learned my lesson regarding extreme alternative methods when it comes to the brain. I have used, researched and taught many alternative methods such as Brain Gym, Tellington Touch, EFT. These are very effective and can be done by oneself to oneself with no side effects. LENS is administered by another person and a computer program is used. As I found out too late, if the practitioner is not properly trained the side effects can be devastating. As we see so often today, no one (OchsLabs, practitioner, or regulatory agencies who oversee this area of therapy) accepts responsibility or warns others of harmful side effects. I accept my role in what happened because I did not listen to my "gut instinct" warning me not to do it. I won't turn a blind eye or a deaf ear to my instincts anymore!

Side note: One therapist said she and others are seeing quite a few problems with people utilizing LENS and other similar programs to ramp up their senses to become "superhuman." She said they are frying their brains and now they are trying to undo what has happened to them. Forewarned is forearmed.

• Like Like x 1
    6. josh77

josh77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/4/2015
      I remember when I went to the ENT and he used one as some sort of test. I like it! Should have gotten a set way back then but I still thought it was going to go away. A friend who knows what I'm going through did some research and order a set. It's a great way to interrupt the tinnitus. It also seems to help when you move them around your ear. Its almost like you are moving the sound around in your head.

I have hearing loss in the 4k range. I've been using the 397 and 417. Just moving them around and going ear to ear. No really following any pattern. Just doing what feels good at the time. I do like the 174. I'd much rather have my tinnitus sound like the 174. It seems to be a deep mellow sound.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine

I just today discovered some information which made me think tuning forks just might help with certain kinds of tinnitus. So I did a quick search here, and came up with this thread. The above quoted information sounds encouraging. Does anybody else besides Lolita have any experience with using tuning forks, whether with a practitioner or have their own and experiment on themselves? -- Thanks.​