Blocked Ears a Tinnitus Issue or Something Else?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Amelia, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Just need some perspective from some T veterans -

I know the feeling of blocked ears can be considered a T "side effect", so how so you know when it's time to go to the doctors to get it checked?

My T is increasing over the last week, I'm feeling a lot of sinus pressure (not that unusual for me considering the current state of my sinus cavities), I feel like my ears are blocked, I'm hearing crackling noises when I yawn, I'm having difficulty Equalizing my ears and I feel like I'm talking really loud.

Worth checking out?

2. Liesel

Liesel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2013
      Eustacian tube disorder, yay! Worth checking out at your point, they will probably prescribe you a steroidal nasal spray. Worked in my case.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      @Liesel - Im already using a steroidal nasal spray! Guess that's not working too well ;)

4. Liesel

Liesel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2013
      That's really surprising then! In that case I'm curious as to what your doc would recommend instead, because every doctor I've seen hasn't been interested in treating eustacian tube issues any other way.

5. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Its cold time.
      Is nasal spray of steroids the equivalent of one with antibiotics? My ears have always cracked when yawning so cant tell if you shouæd worry on that.
      Is it normal to have your own voice resonating in your ears when having a cold? Also sometomes when not having one?

6. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      Could even be jaw related. When I feel the pressure or pain the worst is when my jaw seems to be the sore.

Also for the nasal sprays they recommend you look down at the floor and point the spray straight up to get at the tubes.

7. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      Your tube might be staying open. Sometimes when I would exercise I would get a weird feeling in my ears and could hear myself talk in my ear, so to speak.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      I've been spraying it and then doing the valsalva move to try and move it into my tubes (read that somewhere)

Wish I could see the ENT sooner :(

I'm sure the GP won't be any help but at least I'll know my ears don't have fluid on them

9. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Be careful doing the valsalva maneuver, start of this year I did the same because my ears felt blocked, didn't end well, straight after doing it I got ultra severe ringing in my left ear, totally freaked out, was going to go to hospital emergency room, was panicking like mad. Luckily the severe tinnitus disappeared but it took a good 4 hours! Never going to do that again that's for sure!