Breathing in Your Ears?

Discussion in 'Support' started by bwspot, Sep 22, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      I mostly have T only but yesterday it spiked and my tension in neck was also more intense. I noticed something weird, I started to hear my ear breathing. (only one on the side with more tension) Changing a position finally settle it and it went away. It was not synced with the heartbeat. I experienced that before I had T few times. Is this due to tense muscles? This morning I woke up and it was quiet and after moving it started to breath again and then went away.

2. lapidus

lapidus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Tensor Tympani Syndrome. My right ear does this "breathing" thing quite often, especially in the mornings when I move my head/neck or jaw.

3. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      I've had this before while working out. To me it feels like air trapped in my ears. It always goes away in a few minutes though.

I thought everyone experience that from time to time. But it's tts?

4. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      Would not this be related to tense muscles in the neck?

5. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor Team Tech

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      This is called Patulous Eustachian Tube. I had it when my T started. I lost 5kg due to anxiety and that probably triggered PET because weight loss typically creates it - tissues in the nasal / ear canals grow smaller.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patulous_Eustachian_tube

6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09-2013
      To me this sound like an eustachian tube disfunction (e.g. tense muscles open-up the eustachian tube). If this happens your own voice sounds louder and you hear yourself breath. Just relax, and relieve the muscle tension.

7. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      I do have extremely tense neck muscles that does not want to relax.
      I went for a massage and still is tight as hell. I was seeing a chiro but it stills get tense.
      As of now I have limited motion when i turn my head to the left and my T is louder on the left side.
      I must find a way how to relax it as it might even be a cause of T?