Buzzing Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by PR!, May 3, 2018.

1. PR!

PR! Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Djing/music
      Hello all,

Good to be here. A quick backstory. I was a DJ for a number of years (house music generally) and acquired tinnitus about 2.5 years ago, mostly in my right ear. This is a high pitch sound and a low warbling sound also, a bit difficult at the start but I habituated to it quite quickly and have been careful about loud volumes. I have a family now and have hung up the headphones for the foreseeable future and was doing well with the old ears but recently I have got a rather loud buzzing going on top of the old tinnitus in in my right ear. This is only happening later on a night.

Any of you folks experience this? Did it subside? I guess this might be an unanswerable question but I thought I would put it out there! Been to the docs recently and no wax in ears. Anything you could recommend to make things better. I can hear its over general conversation and it's a bit irritating.

Thanks folks!

2. dayma
      Pacman

dayma Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      UNKNOWN
      Welcome to the forums!

My T seems to change weekly but I am also only 5 months in.

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Have you tried masking it? Your new tinnitus tone is either a spike or something has caused it. Anything going on lately, like experiencing stress, anxiety, or ear infection, sinus congestion? Any new medicines used lately? etc.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PR!

PR! Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Djing/music
      Good morning. I did have a bit of a bug a couple of weeks ago. That’s when it started, my sinuses were quite congested at the time but it has cleared up now. I do think my Eustachian tubes are a bit bunged up still, maybe that has something to do with it? I have an Otovent which I am going to use. I do hope it gets back to its normal level soon!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      PR!

PR! Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Djing/music
      Well, the buzzing went away and my T has returned to its normal manageable level. I took about 3 weeks and gradually became less constant over time. I attribute it to a head cold and some neck issues. Went to a physio for a remedial massage which helped with muscle tightness in my shoulder and neck area.

Hopefully this will assure people that a spike has a real good chance of getting better, just have to be patient.

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1