Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Shiven, May 10, 2016.

1. Shiven

Shiven Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi, my name is Shiven and I suffer from tinnitus. Well I don't suffer from it, I suffer from it's symptoms, of which the worst is interrupted sleep. I haven't had continuous sleep of 4 hours or more for around 6 years now. When the tinnitus started, the ringing was so minor that it could be masked by the initial setting on a desktop fan; now I use the same fan on it's maximum setting in conjunction with masking noise, but I still wake up. I have been to an ENT and an audiologist and both have diagnosed me with hearing loss possibly associated with my bilateral, non-pulsatile tinnitus. I say possibly because obviously this diagnosis is based on my descriptions to these health care professionals. Another problem that I have had is that people do not take tinnitus seriously, which can be incredibly frustrating. This is the first online forum I have ever joined, let's see how it turns out!

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      Welcome Shiven. Sorry you had to find us.
      Many people here are frustrated by the fact that tinnitus is not taken seriously enough. It isn't lethal or contagious but it's serious...right? You will at least be understood here.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk Shiven.
      You are doing the right thing listening to sound at night and make sure it's set below your tinnitus so your brain will push hard through the Tinnitus sound to pick up the new sound you have chosen and learn your brain to filter out the Tinnitus sound and helps through the day....lots of love glynis