Can Ear Drops Cause Tympanic Membrane Perforation?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Xorthian, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Xorthian
      Balanced

Xorthian Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Initial 2012. Massive spike 4/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noisey Lifestyle. Increase from infection.
      Just curious and super anxious.

I was using drops for 5 minute each as i have mild infection still i have to keep under control and at one point ther was sharp point pain that was only for second or less, and then nothing. My ears have those kinds of pain anyway sometimes because as i said there is mild bacteria infection. It was just super weird for it to happen while i had drop in ear.

Its not heavily ototoxic eardrop. Nancoloid silver and some other for bacteria and virus, plus obviously glycol propane and sterile water.

So can drops cause damage to membrane?

I have a bad day with anxiety but this question is killing me for two weeks already so hey. Dont tell me to deal with anxiety i know that :) my question is about drops and membrane only :)

2. snow86
      Surrender

snow86 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2006 - Extreme T since 12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      see "information" on profile page. Crippled by extreme T
      hey bro,

thats quite a specific question. Don't think anybody here can tell you for sure. Given your other ear infection history you should be the expert here on that topic :bookworm:. You could ring up your ENT who gave you those drops and ask him.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Xorthian
      Balanced

Xorthian Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Initial 2012. Massive spike 4/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noisey Lifestyle. Increase from infection.
      He is going to laugh his off if i ask :p i strongly suspect that answer is no but just asking here and not even having answer will help with anxiety anyway :) worst case scenario someone will say its possible :)