Can Electromagnetic Fields cause Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sherif Said, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Sherif Said

Sherif Said Member

So I've been working on my computer about 4 days ago because it was making a weird clicking noise and i didn't know where it was coming from, so i decided to open up the side panel and get as close as i could to the computer while the computer is on to locate the source of the noise. I eventually found out what was causing the noise and replaced the noisy part, but after a few hours, my left ear started to make a ringing noise and up until now (4 days later) the ringing is still going on in my left ear. Does anyone know if my exposure to EMR might have caused this?
      I am very depressed at the moment, way beyond what words can explain. I've never had any issues in my ear before in my entire life up until now. I also have a host of other yet unidentified and potentially life threatening health issues including 2-3mm nodules in my lungs and polyps in my stomach that have been torturing me for months. Adding Tinnitus to this mix has already started to get me so depressed to the point that..i don't even know what to say. i had two doctors look at me today and all they said they saw was wax and didn't help me in anyway. All they did was give me Debrox to clear wax from my ear and Mason natura Ear Health Formula to "improve blood circulation in the ear. If I have tinnitus now because I decided to fix a computer for 5 minutes then this would just be a cruel joke. I don't think i'll be able to live with it at all.I would MORE than appreciate your help because god knows I really really need it. If EMR indeed caused my Tinnitus is there absolutely anything i can do about it? am i gone for good? is it possible that damage to my cells due to EMR be repaired either with time or medication?

2. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      I really doubt it'd have anything to do with the computer or EMR, IMO. I mean you can't really rule it out completely, but the noises that are produced by the electrical components of computers are pretty common and aren't loud enough to do damage to the ear. Plus they wouldn't produce enough radiation/interference to do any sort of cellular damage.

Could it be possible that while you were focusing in on the noise your computer was making, that you maybe discovered your tinnitus? It's sounds a bit silly but some people will have tinnitus their whole lives and not realize it until a certain event brings it to their attention.

Are you on any medications for your other medical problems? They could possibly be playing a part if you're taking something.

To be honest, it could be a million different things. You can try follow things up with an audiologist/ENT, and see if there is some sort of other cause for your tinnitus. A few key treatments that can be beneficial in the early treatment of tinnitus is oral or intratympanic steroids and HBOT therapy - have a search through the forums about these and there's a fair bit of information about them. You can also try supplementing with Magnesium, NAC, Niacin, Melatonin and B12.

Anyway, hopefully some other guys will chime in with some info but I hope things get better buddy.