Can NyQuil Worsen Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Isabella 123, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Isabella 123
      Curious

Isabella 123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably traumatic noise event
      Now I'm scared that any common thing I might take will make this ringing worse. Sometimes I take NyQuil when my allergies are acting up, what's the deal on NyQuil!?

2. cullenbohannon
      Thinking

cullenbohannon Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      I took nyquil yo sleep for a while but it didn't do anything to me. It does have acetaminophen a pain reliever which can cause t in large doses. You may wanna try zzzquil which is just for sleep or melatonin, which is a natural supplement.

3. Michael2013
      Happy

Michael2013 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2013
      I had a cold/sinus infection for a couple weeks. I took NyQuil nearly nightly the entire time. It never affected it. I think in general I noticed my tinnitus more during the day but that was due to the sinus infection itself, not the NyQuil. Whenever I took it and when I woke up in the mornings, it was the same as always.

4. janeagain

janeagain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      january 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown, probably NyQuill medication
      I got the flu. I took NyQuil for 10 days. I'm convinced NyQuil was the cause of my T. I took a tablet one night and five minutes after there was an explosion of sound in my head. 4 months later it's still here.
      I've always liked the quiet. I was spending a few weeks by the sea with very soothing nature noises.