Can Solar Panels Cause Tinnitus? My Tinnitus Is Really Bothering Me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Aneil, Oct 3, 2023.

1. Aneil

Aneil Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      EMFs
      I'm not a loud music listener.

2 months ago I installed solar panels, my sensation of ear fullness went up and now my ears are ringing.

I'm having a difficult time sleeping and all other problems are following that.

My solar panels are Timberline Solar from GAF Energy. The system is turned off, the inverter is not running. These panels don't have micro-inverters but it does have RSS switch on them. I'm trying to figure out if I can live with this system or not. I want to be certain that it is indeed the solar system that is causing my ear health issues.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      I doubt your tinnitus has anything to do with your solar panels.

• Agree Agree x 7
    3. Jupiterman

Jupiterman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden loud noise
      I think there could be something in this.

A solar panel system in your house is additional electromagnetic (EM) waves travelling through the air in your home. To my knowledge, there has been no scientific study to investigate the effects of EM waves on tinnitus; the assumption is tinnitus is affected predominantly by sound waves.

I tried an electric blanket but had to stop after 2 days as it shot my tinnitus up and added a new sound. An electric blanket is basically electrical wiring wrapped around your body, giving off a measure of EM waves.

I am convinced that some tinnitus sufferers are sensitive to EM waves.

4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Not OP's as the solar system is not turned on. There is no current generation. No current means no EMF. They're just getting heated by the sun, like a dark brick.

• Agree Agree x 2