Can Teeth Whitening Make Tinnitus Worse?

Has teeth whitening worsened your tinnitus?

• Yes, temporarily

• Yes, permanently

• No

• I have no experience with teeth whitening

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rafroki

Author
Apr 10, 2018
Tinnitus Since
Cause of Tinnitus
Loud Music
So I just got my trays in and I put my retainers with bleaching material on for 30 minutes and my tinnitus went up like crazy.

Now I do not know if it was from the 20% carbamide peroxide of the teeth whitener or if it was the the prescribed 1.2% sodium fluoride tooth paste that caused it.

I used too much of it and it said on the tooth paste to not digest it or swallow it and only use a pea size on your tooth brush.

I did not read it and I used a lot of it on my tooth brush.

Anyone had any experience with teeth whitening and tinnitus getting louder?

Any information would help! Thank you!

I am not certain, but I don't think so.

So I just got my trays in and I put my retainers with bleaching material on for 30 minutes and my tinnitus went up like crazy.

Now I do not know if it was from the 20% carbamide peroxide of the teeth whitener or if it was the the prescribed 1.2% sodium fluoride tooth paste that caused it.

I used too much of it and it said on the tooth paste to not digest it or swallow it and only use a pea size on your tooth brush.

I did not read it and I used a lot of it on my tooth brush.

Anyone had any experience with teeth whitening and tinnitus getting louder?

Any information would help! Thank you!
This exact same thing happened to me. My tinnitus is unbearable. I'm hoping it will eventually calm down but it's been over a week now.

I went for a routine eye exam where the pupil was dilated.

Next day went for yearly dental cleaning. Enthusiastic I placed whitener purchased from dentist and had used prior months ago several hours after the cleaning.

It was stinging so I removed it after 25 minutes.

Rinsed my mouth, took a hot shower and bingo the ringing in my ears started and is driving me crazy!!!

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now