Can Tinnitus Go Away If My Clogged Ears Are Resolved?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Federico, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Federico

Federico Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hey I'm new here and I'm not even sure if this is the right place to post this but oh well. My ears have been clogged for a very long time but I didn't think much of it. But about a few days ago I developed tinnitus, it's fairly low compared to others and it comes up only sometimes throughout the day. I'm sure this is a result of my very clogged ears, is it possible it will go away if I fix my ears, and what is the likelyhood of that. I'm not very well informed on this topic hence why I'm asking here, I'm hoping somebody could just fill me in a little bit.

2. Ricky81
      Worried

Ricky81 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 14, 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Assault/Contusion/Ear Infection
      Yes sometimes T can go away on its own, but work with ENT doc anyways.
      I too had clogged ears and then a month later while taking ciprodex drops got T.
      I was also punched all over the head 2 months before T.
      I have no idea what caused my T.
      I will be getting MRI this week and more tests. My hearing is fine.

You should work with your ENT doctor. Try to avoid Ciprodex by all means, I think Ciprodex has caused my T.
      Docs can only see some of your ear, so they may want a MRI scan of your head as well.

3. ampumpkin
      Amused

ampumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 12/2007 Increase: 04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2007: Meds(Antidepressant) 2014: Meds(Antibiotics)
      hello!

While having T, my left ear cloggued back in April. I took Biaxin to clear it and it increased my T level. Be careful with what you take, avoid eardrops, macrolids antibiotics and anything ending in -MYCIN.

The left ear cleared but the louder T remained.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      Clogged ears ??!! Etd ?!! Try steaming it may help .. steaming does have any harmful side effects.

5. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      If it comes out only sometimes it does seem like you might have smth pressing on your nerves when you turn your head to certain positions which causes the ringing. This can also sometimes me caused by TMJ or a neckproblem. If you ssay you have clogged ears that could very well be it so go visit a doctor asp.

6. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      If one has an ear infection or anything wrong with there ears.. Is there specific "safe" ear drops or antibiotics to ask for. I know the cillins are safe... Last time i took pennicillin i was 12 and got hives so i had to switch to something else that most likely was some type of mycin.. But 11 years later maybe ill be better takin cillins. I refuse to take mycins... But then i dont wanna be looked at like im a whackjob!

7. Boywithathorn

Boywithathorn Member

My ear has been blocked with wax and fluid for a few weeks now. My doctor presribed 5 days of Amoxicillin and ear drops. I have been using one with Hydrogen Peroxide which gives the bubbling effect when in the ear. Ironically after i use the drops on my ear it feels even more blocked. I have been able to scrape out moist ear wax since so guess its having some effect.

8. ampumpkin
      Amused

ampumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 12/2007 Increase: 04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2007: Meds(Antidepressant) 2014: Meds(Antibiotics)
      • Agree Agree x 1