Can Tinnitus Make Your Eyes Bloodshot?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jack Brazil, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Jack Brazil

Jack Brazil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi,I have tinnitus for about 8 months now. I can't exactly remember started but anyways,I went to my GP the first time...but she didn't really pay attention to it. It then went for a bout two weeks and came back. I went back to her and she checked both my ears ( it was only in the left at the time but is in both for the last few days) she said it is just stress and to leave it until the end of Summer to see if it goes or else go back to her. Since then I've started to stress more about the 'T' thinking it's something serious. This is probably making it worse. I was looking in the mirror today and noticed that my eyes are a small bit bloodshot....they were watering a few days ago but I just thought it was hay fever...question is could the tinnitus affect my eyes like this or could it just be stress...also, I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what I should do next.
      Thanking you, Jack

2. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably sound, though never proven
      How is your blood pressure?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jack Brazil

Jack Brazil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @PaulBe my doctor said it was good...it hasn't been checked since then which was about 3 months ago. I also forgot to mention....sometimes I can feel my pulse in my head when I lie down

4. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dizzy? Head feel full or tense? Don't forget when you see your Dr next, tinnitus is a symptom, not a diagnosis. He may need to be reminded of that. They usually do.

5. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myofascial crap Bruxism, a jackhammer, stress who knows
      I can't wait to find a Dr. that is willing to try.

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jack Brazil

Jack Brazil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @PaulBe I don't have any dizziness or fullness in my head... Should I go to a different doctor or just go back to the same one?

7. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Sounds to me it could be allergy related and the head problem sounds like a bit of anxiety worrying about your eyes and tinnitus.
      Anxiety can cause tinnitus so do what you can do relax and off load any stress.
      I would see your doctor again and he can can check you don't have conjunctivitis and then try allergy tablets ......lots of love glynis

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jack Brazil

Jack Brazil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @glynis I have been worrying about it, my doctor did say stress would make it worse, she told me to see how it is over the summer and go back to her around August,should I wait or go now?

9. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'd still go back. You haven't really gone all that far with her yet, but I'd ask about the pulse in the head thing. I'd almost suggest keeping the focus away from tinnitus because that seems to be a trigger word for Doctors who don't really want to deal with you once they hear it. That's been my experience.

How are you experiencing this pulsation? Inside your head or externally? And where in/on your head.

10. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Jack ,
      You could try a over counter allergy tablet at the chemist and their pharmacist could tell you if you have conjunctivitus and provide drops for you.
      As for your tinnitus might be worth going see ENT and audiology.

As for stress and panic and low mood anxiety your doctor could give you something to help and arange talking therapy wich is a great and off load feelings.
      Tinnitus comes from the Limbic part of the brain where our emotions come from so easy to see why we react the way we do to Tinnitus at first....lots of love glynis

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jack Brazil

Jack Brazil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @PaulBe it's internal...but usually only when I lie down. I had this when I first got the ringing and told my doctor, she said that I can get it with stress and said nothing more. It went but came back a few days ago...I dont hear it in my ear, I just feel it In my head now and again. I don't know exactly where in my head I can feel it.I think it's mainly around my left ear.. I'm not sure exactly where

12. PaulBe

PaulBe Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You had this when you first got the ringing and yet she calls it "stress"? She doesn't seem very curious does she.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jack Brazil

Jack Brazil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @PaulBe no she wasn't. I have an appointment to go back up today. I'm going to see the other doctor in the gp tho...I trust her more than the other doc. I don't know if this is just a coincidence, but I was talking to one of my friends and he has the exact same thing as me...but I'd say his is worse. He went to a different doctor who said that the tinnitus and feeling the pulse are both connected.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jack Brazil

Jack Brazil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Ok...I'm just back from the doctor. She gave both my ears a good look,about a minute in each. She told me that the feeling of my pulse in my head is stress and that worrying about it makes it worse ( I was worrying). I don't think I have said anything but I have been going through a really stressful time ( my dad just passed away after an illness and I also had exams). My doctor said it's my bodies way of dealing with stress and not to worry about it. She also said that doing exercise should help.Thanks to everyone who gave me advice
      Jack