Can Vaccinations Cause or Worsen Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by BeccaOlivia, Jan 16, 2020.

1. BeccaOlivia

BeccaOlivia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to loud noise
      Hello

Has anyone who has noise-induced tinnitus had vaccinations which have permanently worsened their tinnitus?

I've had tinnitus for around 2 years now, caused by exposure to loud noises. I would LOVE to travel to Thailand, but I'm afraid that the vaccinations may permanently worsen my 5innitus.

The recommended vaccinations are:
      • Hepatitis A
      • Hepatitis B
      • Japanese Encephalitis
      • Typhoid
      • Malaria
      • Rabies
      • Yellow Fever (if coming from a country with the virus)
      I've heard about how mercury (among other things) in vaccinations are ototoxic and could worsen tinnitus. Anyway, if anyone has had vaccinations after developing tinnitus from noise exposure could let me know of their experiences, I'd be really grateful!

Thank you!

2. Shaz1
      Gloomy

Shaz1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wellbutrin / Noise Exposure
      I’ve had all these vaccines and no issues, have not heard of anyone having a tinnitus related vaccine issue.

Rather than bumping every old thread related to vaccines, it would be better to just tag people you wanted to ask in your thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BeccaOlivia

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to loud noise
      Hi @Shaz1

Thanks for your help!

I didn't realise you could do that - thanks for letting me know!

Also, didn't realise commenting on an old post would bring it to the top of the page - just thought the owner of the post would get a notification, but thanks for making me aware of this :)

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BeccaOlivia

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to loud noise
      Hi @Shaz1

Sorry to bother you again, but just for clarification... did you have those vaccinations after developing tinnitus?

At this point, I have read a few posts where people have been affected by vaccinations (usually flu vac), so just want clarification.

Thank you very much for your help!

5. Shaz1
      Gloomy

Shaz1 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wellbutrin / Noise Exposure
      I had the flu vaccine recently but it didn't make my tinnitus worse.

I had very faint tinnitus back when I got other vaccines, though not the full on loud chronic tinnitus that I have had for the last year, but no impact then at least.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @BeccaOlivia -- There's always a risk when getting a vaccination; many people will disagree on how great that risk is. I did a quick online search, and found some cases of people getting tinnitus after getting a flu vaccination (here's ONE). Here's a link to a thread on this forum -- Tinnitus Caused by Flu Vaccination

I've visited CFS forums for many years, and have frequently mentioned that there's a fair amount of overlap between CFS and tinnitus. I should let you know that many people developed CFS following various kinds of vaccinations, whether the flu vaccination, or those required by some colleges, traveling overseas, or health care worker requirements, etc.

Vaccinations work because they're designed to initiate an exaggerated immune response. But this same response that can provide immunity can also cause an immune system cascade that can wreak a lot of havoc. The deadly infection called sepsis is essentially an immune system out of control. That can happen with vaccinations, I think especially if a person is already dealing with some kind of infection going on in the body.

If you decide to go forward with these vaccinations, I'd recommend you do some preventative measures to help protect yourself against adverse effects. The one I've heard about most often is using Vitamin C before and after getting a vaccination. Below is a link to an article than can give more information. -- All the Best...

Orthomolecular Medicine News Service, February 14, 2012
      Vitamin C Prevents Vaccination Side Effects; Increases Effectiveness
      by Thomas E Levy, MD, JD

P.S. -- There's a number of great articles written by Helen Saul Case on how to protect yourself against vaccination side effects. I did an online search, and came up with THESE RESULTs. -- If you're in otherwise good health, I think you could probably safely get the required vaccinations by doing some of the things recommended in her articles.

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    7. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic earwax drops, worsened by MDs (Muppet Doctors)
      That's a ridiculously long list. I don't think you need all of them.
      I'm saying this with a lot of experience living in that part of the world.

Hep A and B, would be advisable.
      Typhoid, possibly...can't recall if I got this one. Maybe.

Japanese Encephalitis, yellow fever - unlikely.
      Rabies you would only need promptly if you got bitten by something.
      Malaria, those prophylaxes seem dicey to me - do some reading. I never took them. Yes, there's a slight possibility of getting it, but you'd need to be pretty unlucky. Use an adequate mosquito repellent.

Of course, it's up to you.

Bangkok is a loud city. That's the one I would be concerned about.

• Like Like x 2
    8. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    9. I Want Silence

I Want Silence Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Glutamine? Excess glutamate? Unknown.
      Absolutely. Particularly for certain people, but one examination of the vaccine inserts would reveal the potential for damage.

• Agree Agree x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      BeccaOlivia

Tinnitus Since:
      August 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exposure to loud noise
      • Like Like x 1