Can Your Brain Be in a State of Anxiety / Stress Yet You Feel Perfectly Normal and Calm?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Barry33, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Barry33

Barry33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      If your body feels completely calm and you "FEEL" zero stress physically... is it possible you brain is NOT feeling that way at all? Is it possible you brain can be in a flux of anxiety and stress even though you feel totally normal physically?

Yesterday my tinnitus was pretty low and I was great and I went out and did a bunch of things. I woke up today and of course 10000 crickets in my skull. I didn't freak out at all, was definitely frustrated as hell. I feel completely calm physically, no anxiety type feeling that I can really notice? But maybe my brain isn't feeling that way?

Ultimately I'm wondering can your brain be in a state of flux and anxiety / stress but I feel pretty normal and calm?

thx

2. illegalmonkey77
      Fine

illegalmonkey77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/20/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely due to fluid in ears, and then it just stuck around.
      I dunno. I get the opposite kinda thing at times. Like anxiety type feeling in my gut but I'm totally mentally calm and try to figure out wtf the uneasiness is for. Some times I can't pin pint anything so dunno why I get that at times.

3. Sandra Menzie

Sandra Menzie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss left ear. 60%
      My tinnitus spiked yesterday after being quiet. I don't understand why this started again. I took a Xanax. But it has not subsided yet. I can't sleep, eat or think straight.

Any ideas why this spike now?