Can't Identify Cause of Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sunjothi, Jun 17, 2018.

1. Sunjothi

Sunjothi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Mid October 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hello everyone,

In Mid October 2017 I noticed a high pitched ringing in my left ear. It's not a constant tone, rather a choppy one.

The same ear always crackles when I yawn or swallow, and sometimes I hear a popping sound in it at random times. I have noticed some days I normally have lots of phlegm in the back of my throat as well and one nostril is mostly clogged, and when I clean out the phlegm, sometimes the tinnitus and ear crackling also disappears temporarily, but it always returns maybe a day or two later.

If I remember correctly, I had a cold around a week or two prior to first noticing the tinnitus. It has now been 8 months, and still no sign of it going.

I read it could be Eustachian Tube Dysfunction, but I don't have clogged ears.
      I used to listen to music in my car, but not too loud... about as loud as a loud conversation. However, if this was the cause, I assume it would be affecting both ears, not only one...

Anyone else with similar symptoms? Any help identifying the cause will be greatly appreciated.

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
    3. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Regardless of whether or not your recent nasal issues are causing or contributing to your tinnitus, it's a very good thing to keep your sinuses as clear and infection free as possible. That seems like a good starting point as far as tracking down the origina of your tinnitus. -- You may want to check out various electric nasal irrigation systems listed on Amazon, and the accompanying comments/testimonials. There's often a few comments that mention improvement in tinnitus.

All the Best...

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Sunjothi

Sunjothi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Mid October 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Update: recently the T was significantly bad.. once again, I cleared my nose and throat of phlegm(there was alot) and the T is almost gone. I can only hear a small pulse which lasts maybe a millisecond if I plug my ears for a minute or so.

Crackling and popping of ear is alot less as well.

I think i'm onto something here....

I went to 3 separate ENTs they all say different things. One says its sound induced one says ETD another days TMD...

I need some other assistance to self-diagnose myself.

• Like Like x 1