Can't Sleep, Frustrated. All the Local Places Only Do Microsuction and I Need Ear Wax Removed.

Discussion in 'Support' started by MikeB1996, Nov 16, 2017.

1. MikeB1996

MikeB1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/rave
      Hey all, I've been to the city today to ask around about ear wax removal as I was hoping manual removal would be possible, but unfortunately all the places I've been to only do microsuction... And from what I heard it can make tinnitus much worse or better... and naturally I think of the negatives.

I'm trying to sleep now but if I move my head to one side I can literally hear the wax moving... ears feel full.

If I don't get it removed soon I'll be half deaf... I really need advice, should I just stick with micro suction?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeB1996

MikeB1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/rave
      Everything was looking up i started to slowly get used to my T and it just feels like it's all going downhill again.. 4:30am and if i type in "Micro suction tinnitus" all i get is horror stories ..

3. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Can't you keep expanding your search area until you find a place where they agree to clean your ears manually?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeB1996

MikeB1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/rave
      I'd love to, but since i had to sell my motorcycle it's a little hard around here.. We have a really dumb bus system, I've spent the day looking in the city closest to me. Guess I'll just keep looking.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeB1996

MikeB1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/rave
      I'm looking at every place around different cities and it's all micro suction... Everywhere.. I'll take their numbers down and ask for manual.. but honestly I'm fairly pessimistic about this.

6. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      It is also possible that you are talking to secretaries who can't make the decision to be flexible and just tell you about their general policy. You might try asking those secretaries to ask the doctor about it (cleaning your ears manually, because you have tinnitus and can't handle microsuction).

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      MikeB1996

MikeB1996 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert/rave
      Appreciate that thank you, I'm spending a fortune on buses lately.. they're so expensive here. Anyways I'll definitely do that next time I'm in town, thanks a lot!

8. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I used to call various dentists asking whether they had a laser drill. When a secretary would answer "yes", I would ask her to tell me the brand name. She would then ask a doctor about it. So it might be possible to do all of this over the phone, instead of doing it in person...