Chewing/Biting/Jaw Tinnitus Doctor Update

Discussion in 'Support' started by martin12, Jun 27, 2014.

1. martin12

martin12 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/13/2014
      So I made a visit to my 3rd ENT here in NYC since my fall in Mid March and this ENT believes that the jaw injury from my face hitting the concrete might have altered one of the discs/ligaments in my right ear.

I suffer from reactive unilateral tinnitus in my right ear which the doctors at first believe was tied to inner ear injury. However as all my hearing tastes are normal/above average the belief is now neck/jaw.

Does anyone else on this board ever had a TMJ/TMD related tinnitus?

Can anyone else adjust the frequency of their tinnitus when they chew with their back teeth ?

My right ear tinnitus greatly changes frequency when i open my mouth widely and chew down with my teeth. Does anyone else have similar symptoms?

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Isabella 123
      Curious

Isabella 123 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably traumatic noise event
      You need to see a Maxillofacial dentist who treats tinnitus that's caused by misaligned jaw. He can fit you with a repositioning splint (like a mouth guard) that will most likely cure your T. My daughter did that and now no T at all.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Yes, chewing makes my ears worse..h and t..I have tmjd. It makes my T mote high pitched at times and also an electrical buzzing is added..sometimes I think its the food itself but I notice now it happens immediately and sometimes during.. (chewing) my jaw is messed...Good luck.

• Helpful Helpful x 2