Chicken and Egg — Stress and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Elfin, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Elfin
      Wishful

Elfin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      With stress, does anyone notice their tinnitus firing at an unbearable level? Or is it the stress of it firing?

Does the level drop with stress reduction?

Saying this as I am planning a wedding and overworked and ears are going crazy!

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Stress is not good for anything. My tinnitus is already peak level and very loud in both ears. When lots of stress comes around, the sound level is pure HELL and it takes a very strong person to not break down and lose it. I been dealing with this for almost 30 years.

It is good practice to reduce and stay stress free, to the best of our capabilities. The sad part is that even low tone/low hiss sounds/ringing can create tons of stress for newcomers. reducing stress and remaining calm is crucial for those that have tinnitus, that keeps them constantly thinking about it...

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Elfin
      Wishful

Elfin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Any advice on how to destress? Getting married tomo and noise is raging! Can't sleep. Can't eat and feel so on edge!

4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Also, stress can bring on inflamation in the
      Talk things out with your partner, work as a team and make a plan and stick to it. It's better to have two heads, instead of one working together. Simply lean on your partner and those involved for support and be very clear on what your worries and pains are.

Also, just try to protect your ears to the best of your capability. Nothing always works 100%, but at least you are trying and that's way better than NOT trying :)

Be well.......

5. Dmitriy
      Relaxed

Dmitriy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gunshot Exposure
      I've been asking same question. It seems like a cycle - T can lead to stress, and stress can lead to T. It can start at either side, in my opinion, so that sucks. But the stress side in the only control you have, so if you can reduce/control stress then you should be able to improve your T. Work less, do stressful activities in chunks with good break between. I recommend doing some physical activity, even an outside walk is good. Get an app for 10-20 min meditation, these work for me.