Chicken Pox Virus

Discussion in 'Support' started by click, Feb 13, 2013.

1. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Haven't heard of this one before but was searching the net in an idle moment and came across tinnitus being caused by nerve damage when the cause of the nerve damage was the chicken pox virus.

I had chicken pox as a child and in 2007 after my Dad died I had a nasty painful patch on my arm for a few weeks. They said it was shingles and was caused by the fact that the chicken pox virus lays low inside forever - and can come out as shingles in times of severe stress. Early 2007 really was severely stressful for me and so I accepted the diagnosis.

Now I'm wondering whether nerve damage from back then caused my T in 2012, even without stress.

Thoughts? Anyone?

2. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012 worsened Jan 2017 & Dec 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I wouldnt know but I suppose its possible. It sounds a long time though, only coming out 5 years later. I dont suppose theres a test for nerve damage?

3. mick

mick Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      I had shingles on the right side of my neck and head about a year before my tinnitus started. Interestingly, the T is worse in my right than my left.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure

well it was many many years between me getting chicken pox as a child and the shingles after dad died... it lies dormant in us all if we've had ch pox - so it seems feasible that it's caused nerve damage.. maybe?

Not sure if there is a test...