Author
Benefactor
Aug 19, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
Tinnitus Since
29/06/2012 worsened Jan 2017 & Dec 2017
Cause of Tinnitus
Noise exposure
Just thought I'd mention that, for me, I've found that chill out, lounge type music is a really good masker for T. It has constant noise (so no quiet bits) and a constant rythm that is actually relaxing. it doesnt 'challenge' my T like classical music does. I found with classical music the T seemed to compete with it. There's masses of this type of music on Youtube. Anyway, here's what I have playing right now :)...............

Here's one that works particularly well for me....................

As a guy from out west in the USA, I've been called "dude" countless times, but never bloke. It's a first! haha

If I want to mask I have to stand by a double-decker diesel bus doing doughnuts.

p.s. doin' doughnuts is when a vehicle spins its rear tires going in a circle leaving skid marks.

Thats horrible, to have it that loud. Have you found anything that helps?

The chill out music doesnt drown out the noise completely for me but takes a lot of the edge off. And because its relaxing and if Im in the right mood I can get into the music and the 'noise'.

Iheartradio and Pandora work well for this type of music and you can keep it going all day and night long

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now