Chirping Sound?

Discussion in 'Support' started by CapedCrusader2, Jan 4, 2016.

1. CapedCrusader2
      Inspired

CapedCrusader2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress/Anxiety
      I keep noticing this intermittent "chirp" in my ear. It accompanies my consistent ringing but it happens seemingly randomly. It sounds like a small bird chirping once in my ear, at a very high pitch. Although the chirp is louder if the environment is louder and quiet in a quiet room. When it happens it completely grabs my attention for the nanosecond of its duration and it seems to have no rhyme or reason. Anyone experience this?

2. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

3. Paulgh

Paulgh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      yes I have this too

4. Paulgh

Paulgh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Mine is intermittent and only in the right ear. it usually comes around and bothers me for couple of weeks then quiets done for sometimes then comes back again. I have not find a correlation with anything yet. It seems random. My ENT told me it is a malfunction of the inner ear. I wish I knew what causes it so I could prevent it. I have not given up hope, and continue to monitor and log all the information about what I have or have not done just before it starts. I think if everyone else does the same thing, eventually we can see some trends and may be even find the root cause and a good treatment. ENT's are not much of help when it come to Tinnitus. Sometimes I feel like I know more that them about Tinnitus. That is a shame, I thing more attention has to be paid toward this debilitating condition.

5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I can pretty reliably trigger the chirp on my left ear by thinking in a certain way, hard to explain but that makes me think it's just a hyperactive neural circuit. Because it's in the same frequencies as my more constant T I believe it's related. I think we are a long way away from having a good enough medical understanding of T for this stuff to be useful for diagnosis or treatment.

6. Ian Mac

Ian Mac Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Vestibular Nueritis, loud music (dubstep)
      Yea I have three birds fighting in my right ear. This is sooo much worse than "normal" central brain ringing tinnitus. It completely pills my attention from anything I do including trying to sleep.. TRYING. The noise isn't even loud it's just coming and going so fast that there's no time to habituated because as soon as it Chirps it's gone again but then back again and then gone and then back and then gone but wait back again then nothing no that's loud wait it's gone no it's back. HELP!!!! I've been in 4 mental hospitals because of this ringing, had MRI for tumors and catscan, had septic lastly surgery because my ENT thought it would help, did not. I got a tinnitus masking hearing aid and oh my it literally has saved my life, before the master I was going to kill myself within the next year, my birds are from a nasty infection called labrythitis/vestibular nueritis, sooo much worse than noise induced tinnitus, honestly if you have noise induced tinnitus you have no idea how bad it could be if you were to have nerve damage from infection on top of your noise induced T. Anyway the masker plays a solid ringing in both ears that does a really close pitch to the birds in my right ear, this way I don't hear it come and go and fluctuate, I mostly just hear a constant ringing in both ears. I've been able to sleep again by wearing the maskers at night. I have significant damage to my hair cells and the nerve but my doctor now says I might have minieres but I havnt had vertigo in over a year, she prescribed Betahistibe to increase vasodilation specifically in the ears.