Chit Chat and All That...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jcb, Jun 2, 2019.

1. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      My tinnitus only started after going back onto ADs, so I don't know what effect it would have on my tinnitus by coming off.

2. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      If you do try and come off the antidepressant you must do a slow taper. Do not believe Drs who try and pull you off these drugs quickly and tell you that discontinuation syndrome from SSRIs lasts only a few weeks.

I know some people can come off drugs without problems, but if you are not one of these people you can suffer for a prolonged period of time from discontinuation from psyche drugs.

Slow tapers allow your brain to adjust more easily.

3. emmalee
      No Mood

emmalee Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Hi, Star. Thank-you. :huganimation:

The latest spike has settled for me. I am hoping beyond hope that I catch a break and continue to deal with only my 'normal' baseline. :rolleyes:

• Hug Hug x 2
    4. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Good morning, Jcb, or afternoon where you are concerned. ;)

Thanks for your thoughts, I am doing much better. I sincerely hope that you are doing better, also. :huganimation:

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      So very true, Jcb.

“There are moments which mark your life. Moments when you realize nothing will ever be the same and time is divided into two parts - before this, and after this.”

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    6. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      So happy to hear that emmalee, baseline tinnitus is usually hard enough on its own to deal with let alone nasty spikes.

I do hope @Job is also doing better, hugs to all:huganimation:

• Funny Funny x 1
    7. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      The good news is that after all of the troubling spikes I have put up with, today I have the all over head buzz going on. The whistle is in the background, yet it sounds far off in the distance. I have experienced this only a few times since the onset of my tinnitus, and I much prefer it over the baseline whistle all on its own.

Where it will go from here, who the h#ll knows? :dohanimation: I will take this day as it is and enjoy it. :)

• Hug Hug x 2
    8. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      I am sure you meant to say @Jcb, Star. Funny enough there is a member with the name you used. Hopefully he will come and have a chit-chat with us. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    9. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Lol, it's not the first time my phone has changed words on me or my nails have caused me to hit wrong symbols.

I believe in spreading the love but yes I certainly was referring to @Jcb

giphy_1mimcEKz15HFD37oAE_fixed_width_120609482581533.gif

• Funny Funny x 2
    10. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I certainly can relate to that emmalee some tones I cope with better than others.

I am also making the most of the good days as for some of us you never know what you'll wake up with when it comes to tinnitus.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    11. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Well I am sure that Jcb would have gotten a chuckle if he were here, Star. :LOL:

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    12. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      A roll of the dice as they say. So far, so good for me tonight, I can only hope that tomorrow will bring about another easy day.

If I remember correctly, you are one month along in your journey, Star. You are in my thoughts, may tomorrow be an easy day for you, also. :huganimation:

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    13. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Five weeks benzo free this Thursday but whos counting ;) I am, that is for sure, because I am hoping as the weeks pass and I get rid of the poison from my body that my ears and brain will start to heal.

I have made some progress but it is like doing the cha cha, two steps forward one step back. Lucky I like to dance :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    14. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I really hope jcb is doing ok, and we will have to wait and see if job joins us :LOL::LOL: I am not doing the @ symbol just in case I am actually volunteering for a job on this site, maybe it is not a person but a way of volunteering :LOL::LOL:

I have been a bit fired up lately about a scammer on Tinnitus Talk. I told my son and he said I think you need a job to keep you busy, and out of trouble ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    15. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      You have made impressive progress, Star. Five weeks of dancing the cha cha is quite the accomplishment. (y)

• Like Like x 1
    16. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      If you can do anything at all to rid the forum of scammers then that is a great job. :LOL:

• Like Like x 1
    17. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      So do I. He is missed.:unsure:

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    18. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Yes, it is better than the shake, rattle and roll, and even though this dance still occurs frequently, I am in a much better place mentally to handle it, and for that I am grateful.

• Hug Hug x 2
    19. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      This is so encouraging to hear, Star. It takes an almost insurrmountable amount of strength and determination to walk this walk. I am wishing you continued strength and courage. :huganimation:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    20. Star64
      Kick ass

Star64 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I think everybody living with tinnitus shows strength and courage, but yes benzo withdrawal certainly has taken things to a whole new level for me.

I have gained strength from the people who have been through it before me, sadly though when I was in the throws of the acute stage from CT two people I was following on twitter took their own lives.

Both were ladies around my age, it truly shook me up, they were beautiful people and had made videos of their struggle.

I also thought I would not make it to be truthful, it really is a horrendous process to go through, and that is why I am grateful I am feeling mentally better to cope with things as they are now. Thanks for your kind words emmalee and your understanding :huganimation:

• Hug Hug x 1
    21. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      You are more than welcome, Star.

As I have said in other posts, I found bennzobuddies after being prescribed clonazepam by my doctor. He did warn me about them and even encouraged me to learn all I could about their side effects.

The many life-altering stories from real, unsuspecting individuals on BB were an absolute eye-opener for me. I had no idea.:dunno:

I still visit, it helps to keep me focused on my own close call with benzodiazepine use. There are a couple of blogs that have captured my attention and I am in awe of the struggle and subsequent strength of these women. Unlike the two ladies that you followed (so sorry to hear this:unsure:) the women I have been following are going to come through to the other side. Unfortunately not everyone will make it and this is the sad, harsh truth.

Your open and honest posts here on TT are sorely needed and I, for one, am grateful to you for sharing your personal struggle with the members, here.:huganimation:

Tinnitus victims truly need all of the relief that they can get, and while benzodiazepines can offer short term relief, this is where it should end. Knowledge is power, and this is especially true when it comes to medications for tinnitus.

• Agree Agree x 1
    22. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      MZgCT1L.jpg

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    23. emmalee
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ?
      Trauma permanently changes us, this is sad but true. Dealing with tinnitus is trauma in its own right.

A great quote.......

This is the big, scary truth about trauma: there is no such thing as “getting over it.” The five stages of grief model marks universal stages in learning to accept loss, but the reality is in fact much bigger: a major life disruption leaves a new normal in its wake. There is no “back to the old me.” You are different now, full stop.

This is not a wholly negative thing. Healing from trauma can also mean finding new strength and joy. The goal of healing is not a papering-over of changes in an effort to preserve or present things as normal. It is to acknowledge and wear your new life — warts, wisdom, and all — with courage.

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      @emmalee @Star64 you guys have made me laugh, poor job wont know what’s hits them if they log in :eek:

I’m doing ok, taking each day as it comes, that’s all we really can do. I wouldn’t mind if my T stayed the same but it’s so crazy in terms of volume, I have 3 main tones and this morse code type of beep that just keeps coming and going. I should be more thankful as I do get the odd hour a few times a week were my T almost sounds silenced!

Stress most definitely has a effect on mine, I’ve been in hell the last few weeks and the last 2 days have been more mellow (still have the party in my head) it doesn’t seem to be as angry if that makes sense.

• Hug Hug x 2
    25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A79511C6-BA16-4041-B134-7A3676BCF339.gif

• Agree Agree x 2
    26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I watched this random video about exercise on YouTube and this chap was talking about his weight loss, muscle gain etc and then he randomly mentioned since he has been exercising his tinnitus went away (I wasn’t looking for anything T related) he only briefly mentions it and from the sounds of it he may have only had it mild as he was very muh the eeeeeeeeeeeee tone has gone.

Can not find the video now :rolleyes: but though I would share this anyway.

• Like Like x 2
    27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      14C7C765-DD6E-4F0F-89F5-8D530829F5DC.gif

• Funny Funny x 4
    28. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      I am different now. We probably all are.

I'm nowhere close to accepting my loss.

• Hug Hug x 4
    29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jcb
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You are still so new to T mate, I was a mess early on as well (still am in some ways but a lot better in some ways as well) it’s a journey nobody wants and it’s a fu@%er of a ride. I still struggle with what was and slowly since I’ve got T I see changes in myself that I don’t like but as Emma said we are no longer who we were.

I know not everybody can come to terms with this noise (I question if anybody truly does if I’m honest) but we have to come to terms that our life will never be the same again, make changes that we need to and keep hoping that tomorrow will be better as much as it sounds cliche. We will make new memories, take joy in the things that we can, see the places that we always wanted to, this is what I keep telling myself even when I just want to say f@#k it what’s the point where’s the rope.....

I hope you power on mate, give it time and let the grieving process takes its course. Keep yourself as active as you can, eat cleanly as possible, take joy in your loved ones when you can, try yoga? Meditation, try deep breathing exercises and who knows in the next few years we may see some possible actual treatments??

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    30. Jazzer

Jazzer Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1995
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Good thoughts buddy.
      You are so right.
      We are all struggling with this thing.
      We are all grieving for ‘what was our life.’

I do meditate as you know.
      But I still have some very tough days - and then some better days.
      I guess we all do.

Sometimes I muse on the idea that I might actually be able to come up with some sort of psychological adjustment that might help me to cope so much better - and if so, pass it on to help us all.
      ‘Pie in the Sky, I guess,’
      - but I haven’t given up on it yet.

It hasn’t happened so far, but if it ever does, you my friend will be the first to know.

Best wishes Jcb

Dave x
      Jazzer

• Friendly Friendly x 2
      • Like Like x 1