Choice of Stem Cells

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by mrbrightside614, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Vincent R Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Reading her story, I doubt it was natural healing. I believe the treatment worked somewhat.

Fun fact: The doctor who carried out the treatment is a loose cannon. I researched him: a former beauty surgeon who turned to stem cells for money. He got a client killed due to unprofessionalism.

I'm personally not interested in stem cells harvested from my own fat, but I think it could be an option for those who want to try stem cells without paying too much.

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

SmallRonnie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      H since 2018. T since 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      It's all in the thread here.

I think there are 3 or 4 people at least in that thread who had good results but there's a lot of info there and you need to research it yourself.

3. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Yeah the adipose stem cells are better for things like joint pain.

It's so hard to research these clinics. There are so many horror stories and stories of scam clinics.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Engel

Engel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Shooting and Loudness Trauma
      These four people had the treatment years ago. Is there nobody who have done it this year? Or someone who will soon do the StemCells21 tinnitus treatment?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    5. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      You could email StemCells21 and ask them to put you in contact with some of the people they recently treated. That would probably be your best bet. If you do, then report back here to tell us.

I know a few people from Tinnitus Talk are also considering it. I am most likely going to get some stem cell treatment somewhere relatively soon but just not sure where yet. Still contacting several clinics.

Why do you want to know about recent cases though? I really doubt they changed their procedure but who knows. It's always going to be a pretty big risk since it's not certified treatment.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Newish study on stem cells.

They say that dental pulp stem cells are better than bone marrow stem cells. Bone marrow and adipose do seem to be much less potent than umbilical cord too.

This study is showing how stem cells produce BDNF and NGF.

This study shows how NGF improved hearing and tinnitus in people when injected just behind the ear.

Seems like local injections of stem cells, like they do in StemCells21, actually could be really good. Such a shame it's so astronomically expensive.

Also, @Cal18 got injections of stem cells just behind the ear which helped her hyperacusis although she did say the improvement was minimal, that was short term result though and stem cell results are usually better after several months.

BDNF is also the drug they use in OTO-413.

• Like Like x 1
    7. James Connelly

James Connelly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sleep deprivation
      I asked Innate Healthcare what their method of administration was and I got the below reply. Using the term 'throwing out the idea of developing an ear drop solution' doesn't fill me with hope that it could end well or with some success.

8. James Connelly

James Connelly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sleep deprivation
      Are you any closer to picking a clinic? I think I'm going to go for it early next year.

Has anyone actually had success on here with stem cells and hearing loss or have they all been tinnitus sufferers?

9. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I'm not sure really. I took a deep dive into ordering a bunch of supplements and peptides so I want to try a quick course of that.

My tolerance to noise is still too low to travel on a long plane journey. I will probably go to some clinic in a few months but it all depends on how much better my ear is getting.

I think some supplements like NAC, curcumin and other anti-inflammatories might increase my tolerance to noise or reduce the chances of another setback anyway.

There was an amazing court case decision on stem cells in the US recently by the way.

10. James Connelly

James Connelly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sleep deprivation
      @SmallRonnie, that's fair enough. I emailed Innate Healthcare asking them about the quality of their stem cells and they came back with this...

When they say each cell needs 46 chromosomes and they're counted in that number of 300 million, does that mean you're actually only receiving 6.5 million stem cells? Do you know if other companies quote chromosomes in their figures for stem cells e.g., StemCells21's 100 million package?

Screenshot_20220906-181832__01.jpg

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    11. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I'm not sure about the exact number of stem cells really. It's very hard to know the quality between clinics. That response sounds good but every clinic is always going to have a good response like that. There is that other clinic in Phoenix and they provide much less stem cells for the same price so who knows.

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    12. James Connelly

James Connelly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sleep deprivation
      I'm going to have a consultation with them. I might as well do it. It's $11,500, considerably less than StemCells21 and if I get some benefit for my TBI issues, then it's only a positive.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    13. KotaDomowa
      Dreaming

KotaDomowa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Februar 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Maybe me next year.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    14. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      There was that trial on 11 children and half of them had improved hearing after stem cells. I read one paper where people's hearing improved when injected near the ear with BDNF and NGF which are secreted by stem cells, so would probably work too.

I don't think the people who went to StemCells21 had any hearing loss. Someone did show an audiogram of before and after stem cells in StemCells21 and the hearing did improve slightly but it's impossible to know if that was real or not.

15. James Connelly

James Connelly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sleep deprivation
      Have you decided which clinic? It's such a big decision and the number of stem cells on offer and price vary so much.

16. KotaDomowa
      Dreaming

KotaDomowa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Februar 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I think StemCells21 - 50,000,000 MSC or 100,000,000 MSC (I don't know if it will be financially successful).

I thought about Innate Healthcare because it is cheaper and offers more stem cells, but probably only StemCells21 is tested by forum users.

17. James Connelly

James Connelly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sleep deprivation
      @SmallRonnie, I had a call with Innate Healthcare recently. They said they will look into either developing a drop with stem cells in it to go into the ear or an injection to the back of the ear.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    18. VTae

VTae Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ultrasonic dental cleaning
      Seems like this study has some really weird pseudo-science paragraphs though, not sure if it is trustworthy:
      Interesting, how do you know? I thought it was private info?

19. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      It's translated from Chinese so maybe that's why it seems off.
      It's on their website.

upload_2022-10-27_15-8-35.png

20. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      @KotaDomowa, have you gone to get stem cells or are you going to? @James Connelly, are you going to any of the stem cell clinics to get treatment?

I've been considering just going to StemCells21, potentially some time soon.

21. Nick47

Nick47 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    22. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Dr. Shore's device won't do anything for my noxacusis unfortunately.

23. KotaDomowa
      Dreaming

KotaDomowa Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Februar 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I haven't been yet. I am at the stage of looking for a better job to deal with the loan for this purpose.
      I hope Dr. Shore's device will work very well. The question is also when it will be commercialized. At the moment, however, it is difficult to convince me even with the best results after my disappointment with Lenire and Otonomy.

But of course, I don't rule out trying Dr. Shore's device as well :)

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    24. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      If you only have tinnitus without hyperacusis or noxacusis, then I'd be very hopeful for Dr. Shore's device.

I'd still like to try Dr. Shore's device myself since I can hear my tinnitus over 70 dB, but the pain is next level torture.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    25. James Connelly

James Connelly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sleep deprivation
      I think I'm going to try Innate Healthcare, even if their cell count and price are insanely/worryingly cheap...

26. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Yeah, it does kinda seem too good to be true but it very well may be legit. I hope it goes well for you if you do decide to go for it.

27. James Connelly

James Connelly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sleep deprivation
      Cheers mate.

The doctor said he's up for doing a jab into the back of my ear much like StemCells21 do.

28. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      That would be very good. If he really does have legit stem cells, then it could be one of the best treatments going. I'm just worried about the authenticity of his stem cells.

As someone else said, umbilical cord stem cells are illegal in the US and if he's willing to be doing that treatment, then you have to question what else is he risking.

It could be legit though too, very hard to know.

29. James Connelly

James Connelly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sleep deprivation
      Yeah, I've wondered that too but I also heard that apparently he gets around it because of state law in Arizona but I might just ask him outright. He's answered all of my many questions so I'm sure he'll be fine with answering that one.

30. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      This is what he told me. There are other clinics in Arizona also offering similar treatment so maybe there is some truth to that. Unless they are all just scams lol.