Choice of Stem Cells

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by mrbrightside614, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Freerunner

Freerunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Caloric test
      Fingers crossed that everything will go smoothly and there will be a satisfactory result! Please keep us posted.

2. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

SmallRonnie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      H since 2018. T since 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      How do you get diagnosed with this? An audiogram?

• Winner Winner x 1
    3. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      The doctors won't be trained as well as doctors in the EU or US and there are far less regulations which is why they are allowed do it in the first place. I will have to do more research first of course but it seems fine really from hearing about the few people from here that went there. I'm going to first see if my tinnitus gets any better over the next few months though as I've only had it 1 month so far and it kind of has been getting better.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Tau
      Probing

Tau Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2019-Concert, 2021-headphones/acoustic trauma at 110dB,16kHz
      No, my audiograms are actually fine all the way to 16 kHz. You need an auditory brainstem response test.

• Genius Genius x 1
    5. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I guess I'll have to ask my ENT guy about that test when I see him. I might just ask them if they'll treat me anyway. I have pretty bad reactive hyperacusis which leaves me in pain for weeks usually and tinnitus just for 3 weeks now non-stop where before I only briefly had it. If I don't see a huge improvement over the next few months I'm either gonna try this German clinic or just go to Bangkok. The Bangkok treatment kinda does sound best. It's very expensive for something that might not work but I am in a lucky situation to be able to afford it.

6. Tau
      Probing

Tau Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This German clinic does not take tinnitus/hearing loss patients, unfortunately. They only take cases which they think are likely to benefit, and those are mostly neurodegenerative diseases or people with nerve damage.

7. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Looks like Bangkok would be the best option for me then. I'll give it a few months to see if I have any improvement or not and if not then I'm for sure going to Bangkok.

Have you considered the Bangkok treatment yourself? It seems like it's the best tinnitus treatment clinic in the world.

8. Tau
      Probing

Tau Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have, but I have decided against it due to safety reasons (allogeneic transplant, live cells injected so higher risk of infection compared to autologous secretome).

9. Phazes

Phazes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      NOV 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Is the clinic in Ft Lauderdale, Broward ENT, treatment similar to the one in Bangkok?

I've seen some people saying they had success there. Being from the US obviously that is easier and closer.

10. danielthor

danielthor Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      A530FA1A-0E44-41EB-91AD-A14CE41FCBB7.jpeg

StemCells21 starting to look a little scammy the more I looked into it. Someone posted a bad review on their Facebook page and got this.

Also the fact that I can’t find anything on them - Almost no reviews, the few ones possibly fake. I’m not sure if I want to go ahead with this.

Someone please reassure me.

11. Freerunner

Freerunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Caloric test
      Wow, this is a big letdown. It is not appropriate behavior for any employee of StemCells21 - and this guy seems to be the founder of the company. I really hope this is not true. I was really counting on them as they seem to be the only ones with tinnitus treating experience.

• Agree Agree x 2
    12. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I saw this too and was slightly worried. I was also considering this to be the best possible treatment for tinnitus.

Do you really think that the four people posting results from StemCells21 are all just paid shills?

@attheedgeofscience has been posting here for years. He seems pretty genuine. That image you posted could easily be photo-shopped. Even if that image is real, it doesn't mean the whole thing is a scam.

13. danielthor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      You’re right. We also don’t know the exact context of it. The OP might have been commenting on the man’s wife for all we know. Furthermore, competitors have been known to use weird ways to steal customers. This might just be one of them. If it is real, in the context that OP wants to see it in, then why haven’t they deleted the comment? They seem to have had no problem deleting the review (if there was any to begin with). They obviously don’t see it as a threat.

14. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I'm trying to research the doctors that work for them to prove how legit it is. I saw some have LinkedIn profiles. Need to research more but they do seem very legit. I would just need to weigh up what the risks of getting the treatment are but it seems that the risks are low.

• Like Like x 1
    15. danielthor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Any theories as to why StemCells21 took down tinnitus from their list of treatments?

I’m beginning to think maybe those 4 from Tinnitus Talk who went there were just a very lucky few out of a large amount of people who went there for tinnitus, and the clinic has had to take it down based on the low success rate.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    16. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      Mate, don’t bother with this stuff.

I did stem MSC cells in China 4 years ago. I’m fairly sure my story is somewhere. Over 4 IVs over the space of 2 weeks.

Anyway, apart from having my bank drained and a little holiday - it was a waste of time.

I eventually became friends with some of the hospital staff and it’s all a rip off where hardly any of any patients receive any clinical benefits. It’s to rob foreigners.

As for injecting pluripotent cells into your body - if that is true, that’s an enormous risk.

• Agree Agree x 1
    17. danielthor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Damn. But what about those 4 from Tinnitus Talk who went and had success?

18. lucy_snow

lucy_snow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss/ibuprofen
      4 years is a huge gap.

What I do not get, why people around here are so skeptical about everything?

Liam Boehm - bullshit.
      TRT - doesn't work.
      Earplugs - overprotection.
      Earplugs with less then 15 dB - underprotection.
      Klonopin - do not dare.
      Prednisolone - side effects.
      Healthy life style - does not work.
      Lenire - a bag of shit.
      Dr. Susan Shore - no way it will ever happen.
      Turmeric -are you kidding me and etc.

Why are you letting your pessimism to kill someone's hope?

I'm so tired of my own tinnitus, but sometimes when I read this forum, it looks to me that there is no hope at all.

But you do not know that for sure, are you?

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    19. danielthor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I’m glad he posted this. He should. You need to hear every angle of it if you’re considering this since the level of scam within stem cells is so high.

I have a meeting with StemCells21 on Monday, and I’m not sure wether or not I should take it now. Supposedely 4 from Tinnitus Talk who went there had success, but now I’m not sure what to make of it. Could have just been shills after all.

The stem cell clinic in Germany we know is legit because they work within EU safety regulations, and that means that stem cells do work. If you’re gonna set up an entire clinic then you might as well just use real stem cells, instead of scamming people. The other might be easier though, I don’t know...

• Like Like x 1
    20. Tau
      Probing

Tau Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This only means the procedure is pretty safe really.

21. lucy_snow

lucy_snow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss/ibuprofen
      I agree. But you know better than me, that there is no 100% treatment for the tinnitus and despite that, a lot of people have found relief with something, so why to spray the negativity? If something did not work for you, it does not mean it will not do good for someone else :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    22. Vincent R
      Caffeine

Vincent R Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      My two cents: ATEOS wasn't a shill. The treatments provided at Stem Cells 21 has a real chance to improve tinnitus, but there are no guarantees, so you will just have to decide if you want to take your chances or not.

• Like Like x 2
    23. danielthor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      What questions should I ask at the meeting with StemCells21 tomorrow?

24. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      "What is your success rate for this kind of treatment, and how do you define success?"

• Like Like x 4
    25. danielthor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      They want to do intrathecal injections / injections into the spinal cord. The idea is then to have the cells go up into the brain via the spine. They call this a minimally invasive procedure.

I thought I was getting it directly injected into the brain, via the nose or something.
      I think I read somewhere here that treatments for ear-disorders usually fail unless they inject it into the ear. I might be mistaken though, because it sounds kinda weird.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Creative Creative x 1
    26. lucy_snow

lucy_snow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      hearing loss/ibuprofen
    27. danielthor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      No because what I’m going in for isn’t an official disorder. It’s in relation to CFS/ME and the effect that it can have on the nervous system. I will ask about the success rate of other brain disorders next meeting.

• Informative Informative x 2
    28. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      If I were you I'd ask specifically about tinnitus.

If you're the first patient that comes in with a tinnitus reduction goal, then it's good information to know: you are the trail blazer, and that means they legitimately don't have any data yet. That also tells you they don't have much experience about tinnitus.

If you're not the first one, then they should be able to give you a success rate specifically for tinnitus. If they don't want to give you the data, then it's a sign that it probably isn't too promising.

Good luck.

• Agree Agree x 3
    29. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      Because it did not have a meaningful clinical difference for me. It was great experience for me however.

Are you new to Tinnitus Talk? It’s not always so positive - people are struggling, people are depressed, I don’t have to tell you how hard tinnitus is.

P.S. Apply some nuances to your list above. Many of those items still help sufferers.

• Like Like x 1
    30. scotty03874

scotty03874 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Slap to the ear / Leading to more issues after ear surgery
      I wasted $7000.00. Got nothing out of it. I'll keep trying though...

• Informative Informative x 1