Clearing Sinuses May Help

Discussion in 'Support' started by msiem, Jan 14, 2017.

1. msiem

msiem Member

Tinnitus Since:
      one year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      There has always been some amount of whooshing in my left ear, perhaps due to hearing loss.

However, about a year ago, while I had a flu, I was awaken one night by a loud roar which kept on roaring for the duration of the illness and thereafter become in turn a buzz or a whistle. Soon, I grew very tired of listening to these noises, and about six months in, I had to constantly use a masker to make it through the day. I felt constantly exhausted and miserable; it was an absolutely awful experience.

This past Christmas I had a flu again, and again I was awaken at night by the same loud roar. This time, however, I decided that it was time to look for help. I was in Poland at the time and my friend suggested that I go see an Otologist.

The Otologist checked my ears, and looked inside my nose and my throat and said that there was no infection in my ears, but my sinuses were blocked and my tinnitus might have been due to pressure that this blockage caused.

She gave me various prescription drugs for clearing the sinuses.

After a week, the ringing is gone and I am back to hearing only the whooshing, which is very quiet, sometimes not noticeable at all. Checking you sinuses may help relieve your tinnitus quite a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. MikeGreen
      Uninvolved

MikeGreen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Spotify
      I have the exact same issue as you. But my GP is an asshole and doesnt help me out but say "oh not you again. I wish i could get rid of you" i knlw i have been to him.too many times but i want to fix my ears. What medicine helps unblocking eustachian tubes/ears? Im having the exact same whooshig sound like you

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      msiem

msiem Member

Tinnitus Since:
      one year
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Hi MikeGreen,
      I saw an Otologist at her private practice because I could not stand the awful roar in my ear a minute longer. I had gone to a GP with my hearing problems prior to that, but they were not able to help me much with regards to my tinnitus, just sent me to ENT to check my hearing. They never checked inside my nose or throat to look for alternative causes of my discomfort. The Otologist prescribed a nose spray called Buderhin, and Rupafin, Sinupret and Cirrus. These meds are available in Poland, but some of them are produced in other EU countries, so they may be available in other countries as well. Perhaps the best thing would be to see an Otologist or other practitioner who specializes in ear related problems.