Cognitive Hearing Aid Filters Out the Noise

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by Candy, Aug 4, 2017.

1. Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Candy

Candy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unidentified
      In my case I have no detectable hearing loss up to 8k...but I do have ETD and TMJ so won't help me now but in the future the more advanced there are in aids the better for all of us...x

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Tinker Bell

Tinker Bell Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSHL from virus
      I truly feel that the cure -- or at least treatment -- for all of us lies in technology advances. Better diagnostic abilities (ear imaging, nerve testing, and higher frequency testing) will help doctors better identify what is causing tinnitus.

Already some hearing aids can be programmed for up to 12k and noise canceling headphones can do pretty amazing thing, too. I often wonder if noise canceling technology could be combined into hearing aids to protect us from dangerous noises. Further advances in hearing aids could be the key to relief for tinnitus and hyperacusis.

• Agree Agree x 2
    5. Kolisar
      No Mood

Kolisar Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      birth?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      @Candy, Thank you for sharing this! It has been decades since I spoke to a medical professional about my tinnitus because I was told that there was nothing that could be done. And I have never spoken to one about my inability to focus on one conversation in a crowded room (restaurant, offices, etc..). This article gives me hope that I may, one day, not have to ask people to constantly repeat themselves.

6. moonscape

moonscape Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have this also - but always have. The problem also presents when I'm on the phone and hearing background noise which becomes an equal sound to the speaker. Or extraneous noise in person. Asked the ENT about this and he said it's just how my brain works.