Cold Feeling in Ear When Breathing In

Discussion in 'Support' started by TLion, Nov 29, 2018.

1. TLion

TLion Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/loud concert
      I guess the title says it all. Since my big spike in April 2018 my right ear always felt tense, even when tinnitus was low. The tinnitus itself is better, I am also much better. I will write a success story soon.

BUT my right ear has a very strange cold feeling when breathing in. It no longer feels tense but this strange feeling is driving me bonkers (not so much as the tinnitus once did but it's noticeable).

Does anyone know this? Does this come from the neck muscles or my throat? I noticed I feel this cold sensation also on the right back of my upper skull.

In the morning when I wake up it's not there. But immediately after going up it begins very mild. Over the course of the day it mostly gets worse.

What is this? Can someone relate?

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TLion

TLion Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/loud concert
      Ok, have been to an ENT today. He told me the cold feeling is trigeminal neuralgia, so essentially nerve pain, which may occur from grinding teeth, bad teeth or stress etc.

But i don't think this is it. Because everywhere i read online the pain with trigeminal neuralgia is described as like an electric shock, suddenly and very bad. My ear sensation is always when breathing in and not a sharp pain, but a very uncomfortable feeling.

Any thoughts what this could be?

3. Emperor-Drax

Emperor-Drax Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud bang on metal with a mallet
      I had this the other night on a particularly chilly evening. I breathed in through my mouth, but I could instantly feel the breeze from my mouth to my ear, which has been symptomatic from an acoustic trauma in June.

I dunno, maybe that incident shook up my eustachian tube like crazy. Who knows what other remodeling in my head that initial accident wreaked.

4. sakrt
      Tired

sakrt Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Specific issues
      I have this as well, but now very chronic, compared to before that was alike @TLion.
      It's progressed to being constant, open air ventilation in and out when breathing, along with chronic low vibrating roaring 24/7 with pulsatile T thrown in at times.
      The last ENT said: "That's GOOD to be doing that". Dismissed.
      I'm lying sideways in constant pain holding my head in exam chair trying to get help and can't.

5. Karl28
      No Mood

Karl28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2001 bad since 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music via headphones
      Patulous Eustachian tube?