Colon Cleansing Supplement That Doesn't Spike Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by TinaRuns, Mar 7, 2022.

1. TinaRuns

TinaRuns Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / perforation
      Hello. After harsh antibiotics last year, I have possibly developed chronic constipation (or else IBS). That has led to LPR or silent reflux, which may be the cause of recent tinnitus spike.

Gastro doctor wants me to take Magnesium Citrate (a whole bottle or 300 ml) to try to clear out my colon, followed by nightly Magnesium Oxide. Reading about Magnesium Citrate on Tinnitus Talk, several people say that gave them tinnitus spikes.

Have you tried any supplement or medication for colon cleanse, like before a colonoscopy, or for chronic constipation, which did not spike your tinnitus?

I prefer something natural but am considering everything. I will not consider PPIs because those have many documented health risks (besides they aren't designed to clear colon anyway). Gastro doctor thinks my reflux might go away (I never had it before) if I clear my colon and get things moving better through my gastro track.

I've already tried one cup daily of prune juice. That helps but I need something more for the initial cleanse. She says I need more at the beginning to start things moving better.

Any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate any helpful ideas!

2. Rockman

Rockman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise, allergy
      I have never had a spike from Magnesium Citrate. I used to drink Natural Calm Magnesium with Calcium every night before bed. It also really helped with heartburn.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TinaRuns

TinaRuns Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection / perforation
      Thank you. I guess she wants me to take something more for the first time because I've been bloated for months after reading those antibiotics. Then after the first major dose, I would do maintenance doses of something like the Calm.

Right now, I've found and ordered a Magnesium Oxide product that supposedly has this effect. Have you ever tried any Magnesium Oxide?

4. Rockman

Rockman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise, allergy
      I haven't tried Magnesium Oxide. But I have taken Magnesium Glycinate. Works great about an hour before bed. Calms you right down.

• Like Like x 1