Communal Treatment List

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by tomm, Mar 11, 2015.

1. tomm
      Thinking

tomm Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (club drumming)
      Hello all,
      I have a big notebook full of tinnitus treatments (surgical, medicines, supplements) that I've picked up on my travels around the web that are slowly being formalised and would like to invite people to add to.

It's public and published in an open 'mind map' format that anyone familiar with the source control application 'git' can download and contribute to.

It's a free license, so anyone can use it for anything, for free, forever.

Those of you who are savvy enough to use source control, I encourage you to add treatments and submit a pull request. Will write a guide for people in the future who want to help but who haven't used GitHub before.

When you open it in mind map software like MindNode (OS X), it looks like the picture below, and the latest full large picture can be found here.

upload_2015-3-11_13-51-21.png

• Like Like x 4
      • Helpful Helpful x 4
      • Informative Informative x 2
    2. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      What's cats claw got to do with tinnitus?

3. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      I can't find any studies that have found it to help tinnitus, but there is this:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21762882

(cat's claw = uncaria tomentosa)

However, CAE treatment facilitated almost complete recovery of OHC function and limited the magnitude of cell loss. The loss of neural sensitivity to puretone stimuli was inhibited with CAE treatment. Therefore, it appears that the multifunctional cytoprotective capacity of CAE from UT may generalize to otoprotection from acoustic over-exposure.

There's also this anecdote:
      http://www.longecity.org/forum/topi...most-gone-after-one-single-dose-of-cats-claw/

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      I looked it up online and some person is saying that their tinnitus was reduced by half, using cats claw. I ordered some capsules from swanson's herbs 500mg 250 capsules for around £10, so not too bad. I will give it a go, to see if it does anything. Trobalt is still working out for me, but I'll try it alongside it.

"Anticonvulsants: In animal research, hirsutine and hirsuteine (extracted from cat's claw) had anticonvulsant effects in mice (2). In vivo, isorhynchophylline and rhynchophylline has demonstrated effects in central nervous system diseases, such as epileptic seizures"

• Like Like x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tomm
      Thinking

tomm Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's a very good point guys, I'll see if I can find a way to show how strong the evidence for something or whether it's weaker or anecdotally associated with tinnitus. (y)

• Like Like x 1
    6. Juan Carlos
      Whistles

Juan Carlos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tomm
      Thinking

tomm Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Separate from staff, I want to point out this is all cursory data. There are no answers here.

This will be updated by me and anyone helping (it's free to anyone globally, forever) probably once a month for the next year, but it is a set of ideas we need to poke holes in.

If you have tried something (Danny and Juan), please edit the map or point out an edit to me. It will be added to based your experiences.

Game on!

• Winner Winner x 1