Concerned About Unusually Long (Up to 45 Minutes) Fleeting Tinnitus Episodes

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kmollls, Jan 21, 2022.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kmollls

Kmollls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I’m not trying to be anxious about it. As I’m sure you can understand, it’s hard to deal with symptoms that no one can pinpoint. It’s not in my opinion normal fleeting tinnitus, but maybe it is and I’ve just never experienced this type before. Go figure.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. aura

aura Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've experienced similar things. Episodes of loud tinnitus, ear fullness, hearing loss. I remember asking the same question on the forum not long ago.

I think that maybe some type of fluid imbalance causes this, too.

I don't have vertigo either.

I also consider a hormonal imbalance. These episodes tend to be more frequent at certain times of the month. Have you noticed that?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kmollls

Kmollls Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      How long does your hearing loss last during these episodes? And I do know hormones can cause similar shifts as to what you’re describing, yes, but I haven’t seemed to notice a pattern yet. I’ve never had vertigo or dizziness with these episodes but I have been dizzy before, but I believe it’s been completely unrelated.

4. aura

aura Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Maybe for a few hours. I remember waking up one day with my hearing affected in one ear. It gradually came back.

@Kmollls, I'm going through something similar now. Ear fullness, high pitched sounds and loud hissing, episodes of fleeting tinnitus. I have the sensation that my hearing will be affected. There's not much I can do about it. Maybe try to keep calm. But I'm not very good at this, as you can see from my profile pic. :)

5. Benjaminbb

Benjaminbb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely long term noise exposure, combined w pandemic stress
      Yeah I know! I was very worried too, in fact crazily worried. But I learnt it was ok and we’re trying to get that info across to you.

Posts on this very thread are explaining that.

I wish I had have found out early on and not 4 months in.