Confused About My Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by gmpknick, Aug 8, 2018.

1. gmpknick

gmpknick Member

Tinnitus Since:
      March18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Greetings,

I've posted before about 1 month ago about my tinnitus acting very strange...I had this since March of 2018 and it was high pitch ring and was every day for a few months... I did the ENT and audiologist with hearing test and I have moderate loss in high frequency range... No surprise... I had loss for many years...the audiologist suggested hearing aids, but for almost 4K, and 2 kids in college... I thought... ummm maybe I'll wait... had a lot of restless nights with this and now we are into Aug...and over the last few weeks...

The tinnitus only is noticeable maybe 1 day a week or maybe 2 at the most...the other days, very calm and not even there at times?.. my question, is... Can this ever just go away on its own, or am I just getting used to it?

I also had hyperacusis since March as well...that too seems to be less and less... I haven't been to anything loud at all and listening thru headphones is done...so I've been keeping my ears on the down low for a few months... Any suggestions as to what's going on? A

nd I probably just jinxed myself by this post...

One last note... and the ENT thought it was just a coincidence... I had the worst flu I've ever had in Feb and this started in March... Possible connection?

And can this have been possibly viral related all this time.... Just curious about what's going on here?

And I do feel I'm moving in a positive direction... GOD willing...!

• Like Like x 1
    2. Michael B
      No Mood

Michael B Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      '11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I'd say all in all you're doing pretty good with your tinnitus.

3. Gman
      No Mood

Gman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxic earwax drops, worsened by MDs (Muppet Doctors)
      Yeah I second this. @gmpknick Just keep doing what you’re doing and your hyperacusis should keep improving. Once it calms down the T should hopefully calm as it seems to being doing from what you’ve said.

Doctors like to speculate that it could be a virus or whatnot but they can’t say for sure because they just don’t know and are not able to find out.
      No one will definitively be able to tell you what’s going on or know if it will ever go away.
      Sounds promising though.