Confused and Upset

Discussion in 'Support' started by Tommurphy345, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Tommurphy345

Tommurphy345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      I have just been to see a ENT doctor and she said she can't see any perforation of my eardrum which is what I though may be the cause of my sudden ringing as it started when I blown my nose too hard and I was almost deaf in one ear with leaking clear liquid?

She said it could be some liquid behind my ear but also said I may just have tinnitus.

I'm scared because I have no cause of my tinnitus such as hearing loss or perforation.

I'm struggling to see any positives and I'm falling to bits on my girlfriend.

Could someone please explain

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Tom,
      Tinnitus comes with a long list of causes and easy to see why people don't know how their tinnitus started because sometimes people do know or don't know.
      This is the frustrating part and the emotions that come along with it that can be hard to handle as most people try to find a reason or cure and not knowing if their tinnitus will go or remain.
      Time is a great healer as their are no fast cures but there are devices to help to some degree .
      I'm sorry your appointment has put you on a bit of a downer so a few nice treats might lift your mood.
      Tomorrow is a new day and we are here around the clock for you.
      .....lots of love glynis

3. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Are you in the UK? How did you see an ENT so quickly? I went to my GP the other day who prescribed some drops for an inflamed ear canalwhich contain neomycin which is otoxic! So i would like to see an ENT, maybe privately as it would be quicker.

Back on topic, that fluid could be the cause. Possible ETD?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Tommurphy345

Tommurphy345 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Well the fluid now is my only standing cause.

I should mention I've been aware of ear ringing for a while as it started from my anxiety but only very lightly and never really got the better of me but this is different it is above every noise I try to put before it.

I called for an ENT doctor privately in Manchester offered me a next day appointment. I couldn't wait 3 weeks to see if it had calmed.

Good luck with your next appointment. Thanks for the comments.

Like anxiety I'm ready for a big battle and I will overcome it just like I did with anxiety