Contact Texas Roadhouse to Thank Them for $734K Donation to American Tinnitus Association

Discussion in 'Awareness & Fundraising' started by Watasha, Feb 13, 2022.

?

Will you reach out to Texas Roadhouse or the ATA?

1. Yes, I will

2. No, I won't

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. Watasha
      No Mood

Watasha Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      The tinnitus population historically has experienced very low levels of activism, presumably due to the condition in which it leaves those in who suffer. With that said, here is a low bar activity that we can all do to thank the Texas Roadhouse for their generous contribution to tinnitus research and advocacy. In the tinnitus world, $700,000+ is an absolute WINDFALL. We can not 100% rely on someone to save us.

This is a great opportunity to engage in a little activism together as community and it DOES make a difference. Reach out to Texas Roadhouse today and thank them for their generosity, encourage them to make it annual, and share your gratitude and story (thank them on social media too). And while you're at it, reach out to the American Tinnitus Association and implore them to devote the funds to curative research (even pressure them on social media so it's public). A simple look at their historical financial statements demonstrates only a small portion of contributions are allocated to grants. They are feeling the heat to ramp up research, let's keep up the pressure.

CONTACT/EMAIL THEM TODAY!

Texas Roadhouse:
      https://www.texasroadhouse.com/contact-us
      +1 800-839-7623
      You can call them (I have before and spoke to I believe some in their philanthropy dept.)

American Tinnitus Association:
      https://www.ata.org/contact
      800-634-8978

There is strength in numbers and we can make a difference! There's simply no excuse to not give it a shot. Let's not say we didn't try!

Thank you all! :thankyousign:

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Watasha
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Noticing a lot of "No, I won't" responses.

I hope people realize the extreme lack of gratitude they are demonstrating. It's absolutely despicable. A public, US Corporation with shareholders gave up a day's profits to help cure our plight and people are arrogantly responding they won't spend 2 minutes of their day to show some gratitude. That is absolutely heartbreaking. Don't come to this site and complain when you can't lift a finger to say thanks.

Unbelievable.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    3. DimLeb

DimLeb Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Idiopathic Cochleopathy or Maybe Loud Music
      If they donated all that money to just ATA, I doubt any meaningful portion of that amount will actually go to research for real treatments and cure. Instead, it will go to ATA's continuous ad campaigns about crap like mindfulness, TRT, and other acronym stuff, as well as pointless administrative expenses.

In that case, all this money will most likely be a huge waste, so that's a "no" for me. Shame.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Watasha
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Great news! I received a response which means they’re listening! Don’t think you can’t make a difference. There’s strength in numbers, reach out today!

Did anyone else get a response?

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      @Watasha, I like your attitude.

I'm unable to view the Texas Roadhouse website, and subsequently its contact page.

texas.PNG

Something to do with being outside the US I imagine.

I can contact the ATA however.

May I ask, what category you chose to send your message to them under?

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    6. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Wondering if the reason why some people voted no is because Texas Roadhouse gave the money to the ATA?
      Done!

Anytime someone helps the tinnitus community, in any way, I am grateful.

Just a simple thank you on their social media will get noticed.

download (4).jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Watasha
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks @Damocles!

For ATA, I’d send it either to general inquiry, donor relations or the executive director.

Reason being, if it just gets forwarded to ONE person, it can be buried. But if multiple eyes see it, it’s hard to deny the reality. Not everyone there values research over their one time 15 minute triage call with an audiologist (face palm)! They refuse to answer what they do all year with their salaried employees and contractors.

I checked the link for Texas Roadhouse and it worked for me, so maybe it’s an international thing. I’d definitely recommend hitting up both of their social medias as well. Thanks for your involvement from the bottom of my heart!
      That would be INCREDIBLY shortsighted.

1) They should start their own organization if they don’t like what’s out there. This site is full of all bark and no bite, I’m sick of it. People have the energy to cry and moan but can’t lift a finger to write an email to help the cause.
      2) Our list of allies is small (next to no one).
      3) This amount of money equals an entire year’s worth of contributions.
      4) It’s an opportunity for FURTHER engagement. The ATA is the only game in town... for now.
      5) We can always pressure ATA to fund more research. They’ve been feeling the heat, and I’ve spoken to ATA board members to confirm this.
      6) It’s BASIC human decency. The tinnitus cause just got $730k richer. Be GRATEFUL AND SHOW GRATITUDE. If they see an impact and hear our voices and cries for help they might make this an ANNUAL thing. It’s ATA this year, but doesn’t have to be in the future.

• Winner Winner x 4
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Watasha
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 2
    9. Nobody19

Nobody19 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Clubbing
      Will do! I really don't understand why so many people say no :/ It's almost 0 effort.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Watasha
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks! I have no idea, but it makes me physically sick that people can take the time to say no but can't spend a minute or two to say thanks. We have a corporation stepping up to help us for once and people can't reach out to say thanks, I've been really impacted, please keep it up. It makes no sense and quite angers me.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    11. Damocles
      No Mood

Damocles Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otitis media
      Not at all @Watasha. You are 100% right on this. This is the kind of pro-active approach we should be taking here at Tinnitus Talk.

So, thank you for creating this thread, and urging everyone to make this effort.

Anyway, I've shot off an email to Texas Roadhouse which I found via an alternate website.

TRATA.PNG

For anyone not in the US, like myself. You can see at the top of the page, the email address I sent to. So if you can't access the contact us page directly, please use this email address and I'm sure your message will reach the right department (assuming that's not it).
      I think that's an astute observation.

And to the people with that mindset, I would say: beggars can't be choosers.

This is a good thing that happened, however you choose to look at it.

The money has gone where it's gone, we can't change that. What we can do is show the organisation that made this grand gesture that we're thankful, so that repeat actions may follow.

Not responding on the other hand makes us look ungrateful at worst, and simply apathetic at best.

• Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 4
      • Agree Agree x 2
    12. TuxedoCat
      No Mood

TuxedoCat Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High-frequency hearing loss
      Hi @Watasha, many thanks for flagging this! I sent a thank you message to Texas Roadhouse thru the contact page on their website.

I can understand why they donated to the ATA, however given the size of the donation I do hope Texas Roadhouse will, in some way, advise and hold the ATA accountable for how they will be spending the money.

I don't plan on thanking the ATA at this point, it is Texas Roadhouse that has stepped up.

Tuxedo

• Like Like x 3
    13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Watasha
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thanks! I hope they hold them accountable too.

I wasn't planning on thanking the ATA, I wanted us to email them and ask them to use the money towards ADDITIONAL research. I worry as they bring in more and more money they'll keep the research budget the same.

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Winner Winner x 1
    14. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

I contacted Texas Roadhouse and thanked them.

• Like Like x 6
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Watasha
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      • Like Like x 1