Could My Mobile Phone Ringtone Cause More Damage?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Gosia, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Hi everybody. I was having a good day yesterday after a long time but I admit each time I goto town Ifeel like walking on a mine field. Car honks, motorbikes ( really hate them and there are plenty here ). But sth else ruined my day finally - i was entering a store and closi'g my ears just in case there was an alarm going off for now reason which happens so often, but stupid me, I had my mobile in my hand and the moment I raised it - it rang right next to my ear. I lost my recent phone so I'm using an old one and believe me or not, there's no option of regulating it. It rings or it's off. And it's loud. I can't measure how loud it it which frustrates me a lot but it's a classic ''ring ring'' high pitch sound. I was almost touching my head with it when it rang and I could instantly feel the frustration..in a stupid way I might aggravate everything after being so cautios all the time? I guess I'm asking you if it happened to you and toressure me that nothing happened to you. How loud are this blasted sounds and how o measure it's impact when it's so close to the ear?my mobile rings loud enough for me to hear it from another room separated by a corridor and closed doors. Could I make a damage?thank you..

2. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      it depends did your t go off? as in did it spike in volume or do you just feel pain?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      No pain, nothing like this and I haven't noticed a particular spike but my t is very fluctuating over any day, so I never know.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      I was writing about mental frustration that I felt instantly..

5. Geo

Geo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2012
      so u didnt get a spike? but are just worried that if itll worsen later on? because if there was no spike after the exposure then you should be ok..

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      I've felt that many times after provoking a spike with my own daft behaviour. Don't worry if you didn't have a spike. You cannot eliminate all potential sources of problems, and in this case you learned of one to be more aware of in the future. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Xorthian
      Balanced

Xorthian Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Initial 2012. Massive spike 4/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noisey Lifestyle. Increase from infection.
      Buy sonometer, thats 150$ tops for something that can measure with accuracy of ~3db.
      It will give you a lot of mental relief to aproximate how much noise your phone makes, and how dangerous it was for real.

8. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I realize your question is just about the phone's ring -- you could measure it with a db meter, if it doesn't seem harmful, it might not be. However, I'm a little tinfoil hat on this subject, but I literally will not hold a powered-on cellphone anywhere near my head for a length of time. The phenomenon of people carrying around 1w radios on their body all the time is relatively new. My read on the research is that there is no good reason to think that cellphones are especially harmful, but there is also no good reason to believe they are completely benign.

That is, there are a large number of studies which show some metabolic effects from exposure to what we now regard as "usual" EMF levels. What do these studies tell us about the effects of a phone on a person? That's very hard to say, bodies are very complicated, but anyone telling you that non-ionizing radiation literally has no non-thermal effects on the function of the nervous system, is being willfully blind, because there are an absolute ton of studies showing that's not true:
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25879308
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25808749
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25565559
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25084839
      http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24772943
      What does any of this have to do with tinnitus? Who the fuck knows, maybe nothing, maybe a little something, maybe in some cases more than a little something depending on tinnitus. The bottom line for me is that there is insufficient data and understanding to come to any conclusion about how safe or dangerous any of this stuff is, and therefore, I don't have an active phone right on my body, and I put my devices in airplane mode when I sleep.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      And if I'm deaf around 10000 khz and I listened to that sound youtube full volume ( well, for me it was just silence) , but it was full volume..is it still harmful for other hair cells ? Gosh, I'm getting crazy here..I did that test on youtube to verify the frequency of my t so until 6 khz even at the very low volume it was very loud but at 10000 I turned up the volume to maximum and I could hear nothing, but for sb who hears normally that would be very loud and I had it next to my ear..how does it work? If for my ear it was silence then it's like there was no sound or I exposed my ears to a very loud noise this way even if didn't hear a thing ? I have so many questions..

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Globally I just feel I did another stupid thing - putting a device playing very loud at 10000kzh next to my ears to check if I can hear at least a little bit. A normally hearing person would just jump and run away. For me it was silence - did I risk sth ?
      For now I feel lik emy life depends on T level, so if it got worse I wouldn't live. and yet I did two mistakes already? Of course, both were just a 2 secons events, but still.
      @linearb. My question was about the loudness of the ringtone right next to the ear. But globally I believmobiles are harmful because of the waves.
      I wouldn't worry about things today cause no ilmmediate spikes but since so people here write about spikes that come after the event, yes , I worry like hell. My life turns around T and the only way I can keep on living is by believing it will slightly get better not worse..

11. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      it probably gave you a fright like when someone jumps out of a closet at you and scares the living day lights out of ya!

• Funny Funny x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Gosia
      Balanced

Gosia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      earplugs/ hearing loss
      Not that much, but I probably became very pale in one moment:) new sound appear in the right ear 30 h later. Can't help imagining itwas the cause, but can't be sure either. Just waiting and hoping for it to subside.