Isabella 123

Author
Feb 7, 2014
Chapel Hill NC
Tinnitus Since
12/2013
Cause of Tinnitus
Probably traumatic noise event
There are so many Anti-tinnitus scams on the Internet, I recently posted asking if anyone had tried a particular one and learned from you guys that it's s scam! Saved me money and effort!

So many newbies come here looking for help, I know they are just like I was, googling like crazy!

Could somebody post the products that are out there that we know for sure are scams and snake oil?

Isabella 123, as Sweet Peach said there are very few, if any, products or devices that relieve or cure this condition. Had I found this site soon enough I could have saved $6k easily. One big chunk went to Neuromonics, which I believe is the most expensive scam (backed and promoted by Audiologists) there is out there. I would suggest you save your money and find the thread titled ,"Back to Silence". It puts control in your hands and keeps your money in your pockets. Read it all and pay particular attention to I Who Loves Music (IWLM), and Silvine's posts. Both are very knowledgeable. It's not a quick fix, but I have gotten some small improvements since starting it, and this has been about 2 weeks. Good luck and save your money. Don't worry if science does develope a magic pill or something, it will be huge news. Mick

I'm a year into my T and pretty much habituated, so I'm not looking for the information for myself. I was thinking that when a new sufferer stumbles onto our forum it might be helpful for them to be alerted that there are so many frauds out there hoping to make quick $ off them in their misery.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now