Could This Be a Sign I’ll Make a Full Recovery?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Michellejean, May 11, 2018.

1. Michellejean

Michellejean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1/18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus/ no clue
      Hey my Tinnitus friends. I have a few questions and I wondered if anyone here had any (positive) input...

My tinnitus started March 1st (technically) in my left ear after a nasty ear infection and sinus virus. A week or 2 later it was in my right ear.

Week one with BOTH ears ringing it was incredibly loud. In my house without white noise machines on it felt like my entire head was a gong reverberating hundreds of sounds from a “wub wub wub” to a static buzz, to a low pitched roaring, and a high pitch pure tone, and some other noises. I mean it was terrifying and I could feel it too.

A month later (4 weeks) the wub wub wub sound went away. Slowly the sounds started to take form as opposed to a whole head explosion. At this point I was completely depressed.

Another 4 weeks go by. The intensity is cut in half but the sounds aren’t gone and so I make a Tinnitus Talk account in fear this is forever. So call it 2 months the last week of April.

2 more weeks go by and so much has changed!

My left ear (with ETD) is starting to pop and I can feel my ET is starting to try and work again. I’m taking Flonase now everyday started a week ago. The hissing static that was skull fucking my left ear has drastically turned down. However I can hear this hissing over everything usually,- it’s not like it’s blaring loud, it’s more like there is something literally next to my ear making the sound while I go about my day. The volume is usually consistent no matter where I am. It’s like a speaker set at a fixed volume in my ear. It’s a sssss sssss ssss sss sound. It’s also intermittent more and more. It’s the worst at night by far. But when I press my left ear I to my pillow there is no pure tone. It sounds more like I’m listening inside of a sea shell if that makes sense. It’s hollow sounding with a sssss sssss sssss ssss sound.

Now my right ear had a few sounds in it and I swear for four whole days last week it was almost silent! I didn’t listen for it. I told myself I wasn’t going to listen anymore and I kept my house LOUD and ignored the sound until one day in therapy I realized there was no tone at all in my right ear.however the last two months it was a blaring loud high pitch eeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Now today there is a tone in my right ear again but it’s completely different like a Morse code beeping that sounds metalic and it’s slightly faded opposed to obvious. It’s the only tone in my right ear now, and I had 5 tones in there before.

Oh and last night in my car by myself with the doors shut I heard silence - minus the hollow sea shell sound in my left ear. I sat there for 3 minutes with this. And then I heard the metalic tone in my right ear an hour later come back...

My question is this:

1. Should I look at this as things getting better and that it’s kind of an up and down game? If the tone in my right ear went away for a few days (or I didn’t hear it) does that mean it could go away for good at some point? I read a lot of posts where people say their tinnitus is really up and down. Unpredictable. My tinnitus went from being so loud in my whole head (10 weeks ago) to today being 30% of what it was when it started. Maybe less.

I just wonder if this means I’m healing?

Does tinnitus that might go away have ups and downs like this? Some days quiet then some days loud then quieter days then loud again so on and so on until it’s gone?

Has anyone else experienced this?

My chiropractor said healing is not a linear thing. It’s an up and down thing. Is this true?

Also on Wednesday I had the loudest tone in my right ear I’ve ever had for about ten minutes like and ambulance siren . I drove to a church and prayed vigorously and when I was done praying it was gone.

God is listening and he is with all of us all the time and I pray for everyone of us going through this hell. He has given me many signs everything will be okay but here i am a ball of anxiety! Ugh.

Thanks all for taking the time to answer my questions and read this.

I’ve had tinnitus for ten weeks now technically. I’m just over it. Wish I knew if it was gonna go.

• Hug Hug x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. housemzk

housemzk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 18, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussions, wisdom teeth removal, neck, jaw, stress, noise?
      This sounds positive to me! I'm only 6 weeks ahead of you, so take it with a grain of salt, but positive changes in a reasonably short amount of time are viewed as good news by a lot of people here.

But I've moved on from the thought of it going away and now focus on taking better care of my health and hearing.

3. SomeGreyBIoke

SomeGreyBIoke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      Hang in there, does get better. I had it since 2013, can barely hear it now.

• Like Like x 2
    4. Zug
      Woot

Zug Member Benefactor

I know it's hard, but try not to keep track of it, measure, etc. Go back to your life. Don't expect for it to change, get better, worse, and so on.

You get better by not caring. ;)

Best,
      Zug

• Like Like x 3