Cracked Neck and Tinnitus Doubled in Intensity

Discussion in 'Support' started by lindatall2, Nov 9, 2016.

1. lindatall2

lindatall2 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      long time but really bad past month
      I've had tinnitus for decades and had habituated very well. Last Saturday I turned my neck and felt like I cracked it and the intensity of hissing just doubled!

I'm really struggling to habituate this time cuz its just so loud. I used to love waking up in the morning and just cuddling with my dog but now I just jump out of bed cuz the hissing makes me so anxious.

Anyone had a similar situation? Im 67 and concerned about chiropractic treatment. But theres obviously a connection. Feeling so discouraged

2. stophiss

stophiss Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      too full a life
      linda,
      Sorry about the spike in your T...hopefully will settle soon.
      What do you mean you are concerned about chiro treatment? Chiro treatment is elective not mandatory. I personally am not in favor of long terms chiropractic adjustments if what ails you isn't resolved in a month or two.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    3. william adams
      Wishful

william adams Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      one week after leg surgery plus hearing loss in higher freq.
      Almost everyone over 50 has some arthritis in their necks and they should have xrays befor doing any adjustments on the back and neck regions. I had several adjustments after my onset of T and it did not help at all....

4. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Linda,

Does your neck hurt? Pinched nerve? If so, you should go to your family doctor so he can write you a script to get it scanned.

You may also want to go to your friendly neighborhood ENT to check your ears for wax, again to eliminate the cause due to a medical condition.

Also, since this just happened on Saturday, maybe it will resolve itself? Other suggestions include applying heat (ie. warm shower, heating pad) to your neck; enhancing your B12 and Gingo intake is worth a shot as well.

Good luck! BTW, you definitely do not look your age. Well done! :)

5. sirjames
      Confused

sirjames Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Feb/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      tv probably
      I'm definitely no expert, but what I know is that a crack (in neck, knuckles or wherever) is the release of trapped gas. So, my diagnosis is to drink at least a half gallon of water per day, and start walking, and walking to wash out those bad chemicals from your body.

• Like Like x 1
    6. SleeplessSoul
      Insomnious

SleeplessSoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      I have arthritis in the entire neck along with facet joint syndrome, degen disc disease and stenosis.

My neck cracks from all of the above and it is extremely painful and it burns and throbs for days afterward.

My personal opinion is that with this condition, I wouldn't let a chiro near me with a ten foot pole! The neck is too riddled with issues to be cracked at my age. My sister has almost exact same issues and a month ago she went to a chiro without asking me first and he cracked her neck and fractured it at the C-1,2 atlas.

She is going to recover without surgery. (Btw, I work for the world's largest spine medical device company in the world) and I wouldn't even let a neurosurgeon operate on me for my condition.

I hope your pain calms down. I usually use some aspirin and ice and it helps. (I already know aspirin is bad) but I have to have some pain relief too.