Crawling Sensation in My Ear — Can't Stop Picking My Ears

Discussion in 'Dr. Stephen Nagler (MD)' started by Erika Haff, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Dr. Nagler is not answering questions.
    Dismiss Notice
    1. Erika Haff

Erika Haff Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Real young
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infections when I was a baby
      I've been having a sensation of what I describe as a bug crawling around in my ear.

I can actually feel it crawling towards the entrance of my ear and back towards the ear drum.

I've tried all the tricks on the internet which ultimately lead me to get an ear infection.

I went to a doctor who claimed she can see all the way in my ear and there was nothing there she said. She cleaned out my ear with water or saline and the suction thing.

But I really feel like there's a bug in my ear and it is ultimately driving me crazy and causes me to pick at my ears constantly. I can't stop.

I do have a history of ear infections and hearing loss as a baby from being sick. When I was an infant I had tubes in my ears.

But I'm seriously at my wits' end. Can you please give me any suggestions...? Thank you.

2. Dr. Nagler

Dr. Nagler Member Clinician Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1994
      @Erika Haff, I recommend that you see a dermatologist, who can do scrapings, cultures, and (if necessary) biopsies of your ear canal to arrive at a proper diagnosis.

Hope this helps -

Stephen M. Nagler, M.D.

• Informative Informative x 1