CT Scan Diagnosed Bilateral Osteomas and Enlarged Vestibular Aqueduct

Discussion in 'Support' started by GoatSheep, Jul 29, 2019.

1. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

Title says it all. Second ENT I had been to. Had a previous MRI which neither of them had actually took the time to look at because they apparently assumed a neurologist would have seen anything irregular. Which would have made sense if it was a schwannoma or something. But I seriously doubt the neurologist was familiar looking for or that familiar with these things.

I had to badger this ENT to get him to order the procedure. Now he says he’s not familiar with either issue either and is referring me for another appointment with one of his partners.

He was originally just one of those people that as soon as you mention tinnitus they start saying learn to live with it and talking about CBT.

While I doubt treatment if any of the osteomas will reverse or improve the tinnitus he should have still done his due diligence without badgering.

I feel like we need to keep a database of doctors who have this type of attitude or something for others to avoid.

2. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      That's why it's so important to drive the process...
      Which bones exhibit osteomas?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

“specifically they are in the internal auditory canal (the portion of the INNER ear where the nerve exits from the brain stem and goes into the inner ear)”

This is what he said when I messaged him on my chart. During our original phone call I was distraught and not asking a lot of questions. It was a very bad day leading up to the call and that was just the icing on the cake so to speak.

• Informative Informative x 1
    4. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Thanks for the info. Keep us posted as to what the experts in the field think they can do.