Cycling and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ray Charles, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Ray Charles

Ray Charles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert noise
      Can a relatively slow speed bike ride for about an hour cause an increase in tinnitus?

Started riding bike two days ago and it seems my tinnitus is elevated after returning.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. If your T is blood pressure related, there may be the possibility that the activity of cycling can increase your blood flow and therefore affect your T. Saying that the chance of that happening is low. It may be a coincidence. Other things can also trigger tinnitus.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ray Charles

Ray Charles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert noise
      Thanks for replying.

I skipped the bike riding tonight and noticed my T is much louder than earlier in day. Not sure what could be causing this spiking.

4. Zug
      Woot

Zug Member Benefactor

When I'm tired sometimes my Tinnitus is more noticeable.

Don't worry. It's better to exercise and be healthy.

Best,
      Zug

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ray Charles

Ray Charles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert noise
      Can you please let me know what precautions if any should be considered when preparing for a six hour plane flight?

6. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I am on a pleasure trip now flying across the Pacific and hopping between cities with flights. The transpacific flight was near 14 hours. In the past when my tinnitus was new, I would bring earplane earplugs to protect and to balance pressure changes, earmuffs for extra protection, and also iPod to listen some soothing sounds than hearing the jet noise. I also brought a nasal spray just in case the nose and sinuses are plugged. Now I only bring the last item and use my fingers if needed. The earbuds for my smartphone phone now replace the iPod. Try to learn some techniques on how to pop the ears or balance the pressure changes such as yawning, drinking, closing the nose and popping the eardrums etc., etc. Good luck. God bless.