Dalai Lama Comes to Rescue

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by object16, Feb 14, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      I was having such a severe spike recently, my doc put me on clonazepam, in addition to I am already on mirtazapine, seroquel, and lyrica. i knew i had to get off clonazepam. i was talking to my sister in law, and i mentioned i had been listening to Buddhist mantra on youtube, but it was difficult to sleep to, because of the incessant gong they play to keep time etc. so she said that she actually has a CD of the Dalai Lama! with NO gongs in it. It had been given to her by her yoga instructor. my daughter got the CD, and it is recorded in 16 bit audio (not just shitty mp3). my daughter transferred the CD to FLAC format, and last night I put it on: what a miracle. i cut my clonazepam, from 2mg to 1mg, and i was anticipating some clonazapam withdrawal, but instead, i got 12 solid good hours of sleep. the Dalai Lama in Flac format is available for anyone who wants it, at the following link:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwBzTdKjHRNTd1R2amJvcmZUN0k/view?usp=sharing
      for me, it works like a miracle drug. i play it at the same time as I have another stereo playing Restful Rain CD, and the combination of the Dalai Lama, with the restful rain, was just too complex for my brain, my brain kept fixating on the Dalai, and the restful rain, and the tinnitus just didn't seem to be intrusive at all, it was very easy to "ignore" it. tonight is my second night using the Dalai Lama file.

I encourage everyone to download and play during the night, if you have trouble sleeping, because this has helped me immensely. tonight, i am cutting back the clonazapam in 1/2 again, this time to 0.5mg if everything goes well tonight, i'll discontinue clonazepam entirely, then start to wean my other drugs down slowly.

• Like Like x 3
    2. DebInAustralia

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      30/12/13
      thankyou for that info.

whilst i normally dont sleep with any noise (apart from a fan because i sleep hot) i am curious to try it out anyway

3. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      Have you had any problem downloading this file of the dalai lama? Tells me there is no preview and then when i click on it to download it tells me that it cannot be scanned for viruses etc and whether I want to download anyway. Is it safe?
      thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. James White
      Anime

James White Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe loud music. Not sure.
      yes it's totally safe but you will need a player like VLC to play FLAC audio files :

http://videolan.org

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    5. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      Sorry James but I dont understand any of that. I just have a laptop. Does this mean that I cant play it or do I need to download something in order to play it?
      Thanks
      In other words do I need to download the VLC on that download and then can play it ok?
      Never heard of VLC before now...sorry to be so ignorant!
      Please can you explain what is VLC?

6. James White
      Anime

James White Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe loud music. Not sure.
      Audio files in computers come in a variety of formats: MP3 is the most common but there is also FLAC, AIFF, WAV... The list is endless.

FLAC is not as common as MP3 so your computer can't play the file out of the box, you need to install VLC and open the file with that software. Having a laptop is ok

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    7. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      thanks James!

8. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      my computer can play the FLAC using Audacity. The file is totally safe to download, my daughter prepared it for all you guys, as well as me, and I can guarantee there is no virus in there! I burn the FLAC file to a DVD disc and then use my Yamaha blu ray disc player which has capability to do FLAC, to play in my bedroom.

The reason for FLAC is this is short for full lossless audio codec. it uses more space than MP3, but MP3 is "lossy" means that you get significant loss of audio quality. That means that you get more better quality sound using FLAC. FLAC can be converted to MP3 quite easily, and then you can use your little MP3 player that you carry in your pocket, to play it back.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    9. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      Tibetan healing sounds also work great...try it with OM chants its a wonderful stress reliever and helps in sleep

• Creative Creative x 1