Debilitating Symptoms (Tinnitus, Hyperacusis, Dysacusis, TTTS, ETD) — Seeking Ways to Improve

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Pistolero, Jul 5, 2022.

1. Pistolero

Pistolero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not known
      I have been lurking on this forum for over three months, but I guess my case is severe on all stages.

I got somatic tinnitus that changes whenever I move my body. It changes pitches all the time if I yawn or move my neck. I also got typewriter tinnitus and pulsatile tinnitus.

Besides my tinnitus is pretty reactive to sounds.

I have severe hyperacusis that even in earmuffs every sound is making me anxious and in pain.

I have dysacusis with sound distortions, I can hear birds chirping mostly.

I am suicidal for over a month.

It keeps getting worse. I am doing TRT.

I can hear my joints moving inside my body.

Anybody got it this severe? Even a single sound makes me anxious. I got perfect hearing on audiogram, everything is fine with me test wise.

I also have TTTS and ETD.

How to live with such severe condition, @Michael Leigh?

• Hug Hug x 3
    2. Mr.R

Mr.R Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hi, I had severe hyperacusis with TTTS for many years. I am 98 % cured now.

Hyperacusis is reversible, it is just your brain that has connected sound with pain and fear. You have to be relaxed in your sound environment, then you will improve, because your brain will not connect sound with fear anymore.

• Like Like x 4
    3. Joe Cuber
      Angry

Joe Cuber Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gradual hearing loss + a huge amount of stress
      Hi @Pistolero, just wanted to say welcome to the forum. That's an astonishing number of symptoms you're contending with, you have my sympathy. I hope you're able to connect with those that have similar situations.

I have tinnitus in the right ear, and I can readily change its pitch when I eat or move my neck around. I also experience a fair amount of reactivity. A month ago, I visited a park where children were playing, people were talking, and cars were driving by. It sounded like a million wind chimes were ringing all around me.

I've been trying to treat my reactivity with sound therapy and exposure therapy. I've had some success, but road noise still really excites my tinnitus.

I've also had suicidal ideation in my first couple of months. I sought out help and got connected to psychiatrists and therapists. I got medication prescribed and a lot of therapy to help stabilize my mood.

How's your sleep?

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Pistolero

Pistolero Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not known
      Currently I am under orthodontics treatment so my tinnitus constantly changes due to teeth movement.

Today my noxacusis subsided by itself. Hyperacusis reduced by 60% and tinnitus by 70% due to a 2.5 mg Lorazepam pill.

Still fighting, keep getting exposed and not giving up on my life. If I survive, I will share my story with all of you.

As for sleeping, have no problem, simple Melatonin works wonders on me.

Now I see how important it is do manage anxiety, depression and OCD.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    5. Joe Cuber
      Angry

Joe Cuber Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gradual hearing loss + a huge amount of stress
      I'm glad to hear that you're able to sleep. Before I got my sleep under control, I was a complete mess. Things became much better once I started taking meds and getting my sleep under control.

Wow, seems like you react well to Lorazepam. Do you consistently react that way to it?
      I can't agree more. Treating my depression/anxiety completely changed the direction I was heading in. I used to get these sudden, bad panic attacks which came with a host of physiological side effects, like extreme fatigue and back spasms. And the depression I was experiencing was getting pretty serious. Another thing that had a big impact was enrolling in a group therapy class that teaches cognitive behavioral therapy. It's taught me how to reframe my thinking about my affliction. In particular, it helped me accept what I was going through, which in turn reduced my anxiety even more.

I hope you keep on fighting.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Diego LR

Diego LR Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Hi Mr.R,

How did you manage to improve your hyperacusis? Can you give us some of your background please?

7. Novachrono

Novachrono Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How did you manage to get your TTTS better?