Dental Issues :(

Discussion in 'Health Talk' started by derpytia, Jan 20, 2016.

1. derpytia
      Pooptoast

derpytia Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014 (many increases since then)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Progressive hearing loss / noise / ETD
      When I was younger I had great teeth! No cavities no nothing. It wasn't until I started going to college in Souther Cal, that I started to have dental problems! My mom says it's in the water. The city water, even when you filter it has fluoride in it. Whereas the water back home that I always used and drank from was well water. But isn't fluoride supposed to help teeth?

The past year I've gotten cavities and gum issues like never before!

Anyone else have this problem?

2. Atlantis

Atlantis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Fluoride is great for teeth.

Are you taking any drugs that could make your mouth dry? Dry mouth causes cavities.

3. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      I highly recommend oil pulling for gum issues. It makes the gums strong. It isn't the most pleasant thing to do, but after a while you get used to it. Unlike other people, I never had my teeth get whiter from coconut oil. C'est la vie.

When I started oil pulling a few years ago, the strongest I could set my Water Pik was at level 4. In a few months I turned it up to 10 and that's where it's stayed. I can't afford a dentist and this is the best way I know to take care of my teeth, is by taking care of my gums. By the way, do not use Oral MD. It's helpful for your gums, but it kills the beneficial along with the harmful bacteria.

Good information here on oil pulling: http://www.earthclinic.com/remedies/oil_pulling.html

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      derpytia
      Pooptoast

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ugh my tooth that I had filled feels rough no matter how i brush and I have to brush so carefully cause that tooth zings in pain like crazy when i brush it now and the gum around it is reddish and the wisdom tooth next to it is starting to drop down making the gum right there a bit sore. Ugh I hate my teeth right now!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      derpytia
      Pooptoast

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So I have gum recession on my back tooth. Great. I'm terrified, what if this never gets fixed? My anxiety if off the walls! The only plus is that it's bothering me so much I'm not even thinking about my T!